Meet Guy N. Smith, the guy who gave the world 7 novels worth of crabs

Originally published at: Meet Guy N. Smith, the guy who gave the world 7 novels worth of crabs | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Decades later Guy N Smith is flipping through the channels and lands on a South Park episode.

“Son of a b!tch - why didn’t I think of that?”

8 Likes

I wonder if he was a silent backer of Joe’s Crab Shack. They can’t eat us if we eat them first!

4 Likes

7 novels worth of crabs?

Save your money and just use the CDC’s webpage instead.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/pubic/treatment.html

Gah! No onebox!

3 Likes

BB posts a topic about Muff, and then whaddya know? We’ve got crabs.

18 Likes

How is that a bad thing? I’m itchy just reading the link text.

Would it be too much to hope for a Guy Smith - Chuck Tingle collaboration?

3 Likes

Are they really crabs?

9 Likes

Dear god, what happened to that crab’s eyes?

3 Likes

Smith also shows up periodically – always telling stories about crabs – in the wonderful @Midnight_Pals account on Twitter.

2 Likes

Now you know why he’s pissed.

This reminds me more than a little of Garth Marenghi.

2 Likes

Bitten on the Ass by My Self-Referential Erotic Horror Novel About Crabs Biting People on the Ass

6 Likes

So, it is really a literary genre…

13 Likes

crab

4 Likes
1 Like

I think he just continued the end of H. G. Wells’ The Time Machine. I would have flagged this entry with a spoiler reveal, but you’ve had 126 years to read the book by now. :wink:

“The Morlocks open the Sphinx and use the time machine as bait to capture the Traveller, not understanding that he will use it to escape. He reattaches the levers before he travels further ahead to roughly 30 million years from his own time. There he sees some of the last living things on a dying Earth: Menacing reddish crab-like creatures slowly wandering the blood-red beaches chasing enormous butterflies, in a world covered in simple lichenous vegetation.”

6 Likes

Hmmm…

11 Likes

OMG! I had a copy of “Night of the Crabs” when I was a kid!

It contains a thoroughly implausible romantic relationship between its two leads. Including a ridiculous (and relatively graphically described) sex scene when they’re holed up on a beach one night on crab-watch. The sex scene ends with the line (I shit you not) “that was very nice, but I think we should keep a lookout for those crabs!”

10 Likes

For some reason this reminded me of one night when I met an old friend at a bar during grad school. I was doing research on crabs, and at a particularly quiet moment he asked me “so, how’re you’re crabs?” Without thinking I responded, “doing good, there still there.” It took several seconds of strangers staring at me before I realized why they were giving me that look

6 Likes

The sheer number of books published in the last 100 years amazes me, much like the insane amount of music preserved on vinyl and cd.

crab