Meet the "creator" of Bitcoin

Just out of curiosity, why do you have “creator” in scare quotes? He may not have invented crypto-currency, but he certainly created Bitcoin! No ambiguity, so no scare quotes necessary.

Because he’s denied it.

Of course, now he’s getting paid for a scoop, so… there’s a low speed car chase to the sushi restaurant.

Not kidding.

No, he didn’t. And even if he had, that would not be a good use of scare quotes. That’s a job for our old friend, “allegedly/alleged”.

Actually, yes, he did.

When he took the reporter out for the scoop.

He denied being involved with Bitcoin.

Are you talking about an AP article? I can’t find a link…do you have one? Also, he could easily be the creator of bitcoin and be telling the truth that he isn’t involved with it. As in “no longer involved”.

I’m talking about what he said to the pool reporter from the AP who he took to lunch, who another reporter present overheard and ran with on Twitter. Sourcing it from http://breakingnews.com

That is not a direct link, I’m not going to slog through pages of news. Do you have a direct link, or at least a direct quote?

Anyway, he could easily just not be involved anymore, and the reporter misunderstood, or you misread or something. Or he just lied.

Anyway, still not the proper use of the scare quotes.

ok, interesting, but still overheard and very shaky reporting. If he didn’t create it, why bother granting an interview? Why not just say “I had nothing to do with BC, now go away”

Supposedly Newsweek now deleting whole paragraphs from their story.

He made a game out of choosing who to take, went to his favorite sushi restaurant, and didn’t have to pay.

If I had a crowd of reporters on my front lawn demanding to talk to me, willing to take me to my favorite food place, I’d grant an interview too. :smiley:

Well, I guess we’ll find out when the article drops!

Some of the commenting over on /. is pretty insightful. I like the way that this poster looks at the recent Mt. Gox and Flexcoin issues:

2 Likes

No, I’m Satoshi Nakamoto!

1 Like

US currency is also much more ethereal than Bitcoins since the fractional reserve system allows banks to inflate the actual central bank money supply.

1 Like

Perhaps said cop has been called to remove other crazed stalkers.

Or he just happens to actually have the fake name whoever did write the paper used.

So it sounds like this Satoshi just said he was associated with Bitcoin for a free lunch. Story modification time?

Yeah, looks like Dorian is not Satoshi… or Satoshi is not Dorian? I dunno.

1 Like

Exactly…the entire anecdote about the cops sounds like something Stephen Glass would have written. It, like the entire article, appears to be BS.