Meet the deep-pocketed Biden Bros: lobbyists for arms dealers, for-profit health-care, Azerbaijani oligarchs, Comcast

Good point. I suppose I just need to learn to live with imperfections.

Lord knows my wife has figured that one out :slight_smile:

Lobbyists, per se are not bad people. Just PR people with a client and a target market. (Ok, it may be getting less than clear at this point…). Plenty of charities and other non-commercial orgs do lobbying too.

But here’s a thought experiment …

What if Lynn and every other donor were free to donate as much as they like, but all donations had to pass through a middle-man to make them all wholly anonymous donations. Middle-man tasked with ensuring no foreign donations, etc.

Any (and every) lobbyist could claim to have donated any amount they like but no politician would know the truth of this. They’d have to see EVERY lobbyist or none of them, or, you know, actually assess who is worth giving airtime to, according to the actual merits of the lobbyist’s cause or client, rather than how much they ‘bribed’ the politician for access.

I’m sure there are many practical arguments against, and I’ve not thought it through, much, but some money restrictions are long overdue, surely?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.