Meet the man who spent 2 years on house arrest after suing an oil company.

Originally published at: Meet the man who spent 2 years on house arrest after suing an oil company. | Boing Boing

11 Likes

This episode of the podcast is great for anyone who needs reminding that the entire system is rigged against ordinary people, let alone against indigenous peoples.

15 Likes

I was familiar with the story, and consequently horrified by it.

5 Likes

When Trump says the press is “the enemy of the people,” he really means the “corporations are people” variety to the exclusion of everyone else. This corruption would never be revealed without a free press to hold everyone accountable. It’s just a shame that in this internet age, it’s this kind of journalism that’s an endangered species competing against Facebook conspiracy theories and Kim Kardashian’s ass.

13 Likes

15 Likes

If you google Steven Donziger the first result is an ad result bought by Chevron trashing him.

5 Likes

Chevron’s behaviour in this case has been more disgusting than all that toxic sludge it dumped into the river.

3 Likes

Preska has, like Kaplan, rejected Donziger’s requests to have his trial heard by a jury of his peers.

Wow – I always knew that the defendant could choose a judge instead of a jury trial. I never knew the judge can choose to be the judge/jury, overiding the objections of the defendant. I really do need to bone up on criminal procedure…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.