Meet the people who insist the Earth is flat

A valid point, but if I try to seriously imagine what traveling into space would physically be like, based on what astronauts have said (the HUGE G-force of liftoff, the non-stop zero-G of orbit, and of course viewing the curve of the Earth from space), I think Sargent’s mind would be sufficiently blown to ditch any more of the “flat Earth” bullshit. Actually @Bernel makes a better point-- the guy might be so confused and angry that he’d be a danger to himself and others up there.

Chances are he would refuse anyway, either because he knows he’d be proven false, or because his paranoia says it’s an obvious attempt for NASA to silence him with another space shuttle “accident.”

1 Like

All it takes is 50 hours of video on a topic…

This explains so much about our current predicament.

At least the internet has liberated these fools from the tyranny of Television’s blase conquest of reality.

4 Likes

I like the fact that Happy the Artist takes comfort in the fact that 30% of them are cigarette smokers.

4 Likes

Meet the people who insist the Earth is flat

Um, no, you can’t make me.

4 Likes

25 Likes

There exist other, quite popular belief system that are at least as goofy but which we choose to respect more than flatearthianity. As long as these guys aren’t trying to use force to impose their beliefs on others, or rewrite laws based on these beliefs, I have no problem with them

4 Likes

1 Like

I am a flat earther, but I’m willing to change my mind. All I need is for someone to fund a trip to the ISS for me. No, I’m not just trying to score a free trip to the ISS by pretending to be a flat earther. Heavens, no…

18 Likes

Pretty much. It’s a little like LARPing. I think it’s pretty fun.

Pretty sure the time, distance, and expense involved weeds out any opportunistic comedians.

1 Like

Well that’s nice to hear anyway.

3 Likes

So are the physicists who hypothesize that the universe is actually a two-dimensional hologram Flat Earthers too?

1 Like

If you’re a citizen, you get to vote. Period.

5 Likes

As if we didn’t already know these people are sorta kooky, hey! the music tells us they are!

Two words: “Intelligent falling.”

Two words: “Magic lamps.”

Boy, she needs an editor. She really could have replaced all that with five words: “I am a fucking lunatic.”

(That I’m seeing one of the Manson sketch videos for this post just feels right.)

1 Like

(Mitchell from Mitchell & Webb)

4 Likes

Worse. They use number soup:

4 Likes

YES! My cats would have anyhow.

2 Likes

That manages to be even nuttier than expected. “So why doesn’t the Earth accelerate to the speed of light? Mumble mumble dark energy!”

5 Likes

I had to look this one up. Found it. Ready? [drum roll]

Barefoot. It’s walking barefoot. Outside. That’s it.

I swear, some people, it’s like they need a name for everything.

4 Likes