Meet the person responsible for the iPhone's ducking annoying autocorrect system

Originally published at: Meet the person responsible for the iPhone's ducking annoying autocorrect system | Boing Boing

3 Likes

why not have it actually replace a curse word with @!%$# characters?

7 Likes

Sent from my iPhone

4 Likes

Darn, I was hoping the software developer would turn out to be just a really big fan of ducks.

6 Likes

Funny, I don’t often get stupid mistakes in my text messages, but then I don’t try to text with my thumbs while trying to drive a car, and I’m obsessive about proper communication, the last word there was actually a suggestion by my autocorrect, which put ‘autocorrect’ in, in context, as well.
In fact, it’s ability to not only suggest the next word correctly, it’s suggested the next three words correctly, and in context.
That’s down to me using it for over ten years and teaching it properly.

1 Like

so wait… if they aren’t at a duck farm, does that mean it’s a brothel?!

2 Likes
2 Likes

f#ck

3 Likes

My initial theory was that the developer was from, you know, that generation:

1 Like

Kinda cute, but at least half way in 'Kill it with fire!" territory if you ask me.

2 Likes

Illustrative purposes only.

Burn away.

2 Likes

Nah, that’s a job for SecOps-13.

3 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a fuck farm, you know, like:

Like a ceiling fan?

1 Like

The Toast Marketing Board wants to congratulate you for your literary knowledge. Please send your address to jack@goliath.co.uk, so you can get a lifetime support.

2 Likes

There’s some rule of the internet that claiming moral high ground on communication quality is always done in a post with grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors in it. In this case, a run-on sentence and an improper possessive apostrophe.

I’m sure this response has errors as well, but I don’t claim to be a texting or typing god. I acknowledge my human frailty and that of others.

Whatever grandma says rules!..

She uses many posts around the garden so further comments are not necessary.

Digging deeper she will set traps with bait that will click on a mouse head… snapping sound… scroll down and pinch expand to see the whole mess.

Not sure where I was going with this response.

Clicked the big blue reply button after a few whiskeys so here we go!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.