Meet the reclusive heir of the In-N-Out burger dynasty

I’m like awjt, in that occasionally I like a big bracing hoppy IPA; Sixpoint Resin is a great juicy double IPA. But my beer ideal is a rich, brown, nutty brew, and they’re really hard to find these days. I’m digging sours, geuzes, and goses though!

For what it’s worth, the house brew at Shake Shack isn’t crazy hoppy and is a good match for their burgers. (see what I did there, bringing the topic back? I’m some kind of hero)

3 Likes

Smoke Shack blows the door off the Shackburger.

Maybe Danny Myers is letting QC slip the further away he is, I’ve only tried them as far away as Connecticut and they were still up to Madison Square standards.

It may be the area I find myself in (San Diego), but I need my beer to have a thick mouth feel… almost syrupy.

But there’s nothing better IMO on a hot day than to eat thai food and drink a super-floral hop-bomb.

1 Like

Personally, my #1 beer, hands down, of all time is Guinness on nitrogen. Oh, I’ve had one night stands with amazing hopfests, spent a week in Colorado with a case of nut brown ale and a summer in Vermont with an organic coffee porter. But I always come home to my sweet, sweet Guinness, nectar of the goddess.

1 Like

oh, the stories i have about Guinness.

one of the signature aromas from the brettanomyces inoculation they use is called ‘horse blanket’, cause it smells like a horse blanket.

guinness in the US is brewed on contract by Labatts who was purchased by InBev (as of '06, some guinness is brewed by moosehead)

a previous band i was in has a looong standing record for getting the most kegs of guinness sold in a night, beating a previous record set by the Daddies.

and why yes, i have been to the brewery several times and seen the actual lease.

1 Like

Sure but did you swallow? LOL.

yes, and i also inhaled.

(damn, now i want a burger and a beer)

1 Like

Guess where my wife is driving us right now?

1 Like

Guinness is pish. Even proper Guinness. I’ll fight you…

2 Likes

I’ll fight you too. Don’t pish in my Guinness!

Love it, love it, love it. A properly poured draft Guinness is consistently the finest beer out there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.