Meet the sheriff who threatened to arrest someone for having an anti-Trump sticker on their car

But this is OK:
Fuck-Obama-Sticker

and this one is SO awesome he just had to take a pic of it to show everyone how awesome it is!

one of the websites that posted that image of the cop taking a pic of the Obama Ass pic had this to say about it:

But being pulled over because of a political statement displayed in your window only to find out the police officer who pulled you over is a fan of your stance? Well, that’s a bonus!

Political free speech – whether in the form of a bumper sticker, window sticker, or literal speech – is guaranteed to each of us in the Constitution. We could, if we so choose, display caustic and mean-spirited messages on our automobiles.

We, as a nation, have gotten too “thin-skinned” where almost every subject is concerned. We are “offended” every five minutes and expecting everyone to kow-tow to our grievances, their free speech rights be damned.

Perhaps it is time for the nation to trashcan the politically correct “I’m offended” routine and, instead, put on our “big boy and girl pants” and realize we actually do have to share space with those who think differently than we do. To that end, maybe we need to reconstitute our collective senses of humor.

16 Likes

Thank you! I like my headlines factual and precise.

5 Likes

f
Oopsy daisy.

3 Likes

Was he a British cop during the late 80s to early 90s?

This T-shirt broke British obcenity laws. I got away with wearing worse during the late 90s.

7 Likes

Yeah, the problem with the Nazis wasn’t their ideas…

I’m trying really hard to get on board with genocide, but…

Yay, genocide!

Look, I’m sure we can come to some middle ground between only giving civil rights to cis male, white, Protestant men and killing gays, blacks, Muslims and women with unwanted pregnancies, compromise on to what degree we’re going to destroy our democracy, the environment and the economy for the temporary benefit of a select group of wealthy Americans…

19 Likes

15 Likes

All we want to do is eat your brains…

https://youtu.be/y44TUPr3zBc

7 Likes

Good god, I hope not.

6 Likes

Nope. Shitonium

3 Likes

We don’t vote on each individual issue in a representave democracy, in which FPTP electoral rules baked into the body of the constitution effectively mandate a two-party system. It often comes down to not alllowing the perfect to become the enemy of the good, or realizing that the enemy of your enemy may be your friend. Nuanced stuff like that. It may look from the outside like a myopic factional mentality, and for some folks it surely is, but more often than not it is idealism vs. pragmatism at its core. At least that’s how I see it.

2 Likes

Correct response as the owner of said truck? Put an even bigger decal saying Fuck Trump on the truck. Perhaps even Fuck The Police.

8 Likes

I’ve proudly hated Donald Trump since the 1980s when he first slinked onto the national scene, the moment I became aware of him. I don’t care what party he claims membership in.

14 Likes

Ahhh… my county’s sheriff.

I can guarantee you he’s looking to run for a higher office and he’s trying to elevate his visibility on a larger stage.

1 Like

No speculation needed

https://www.nehlsexploratory2018.com/

1 Like

Don’t drag the panty-sniffers into this. They didn’t do anything wrong.

3 Likes

An acquaintance of mine received a police caution for wearing Cradle of Filth’s ‘Jesus is a cunt’ shirt in the mid 90s. He wasn’t the only one.

3 Likes

I used to wear a Geordie Gabba Mafia t-shirt which the trainspotting “choose life” text on it, except with every choose replaced with fuck. It was something like this

Somehow I got away with it.

7 Likes

Coincidentally, that’s also the text of the GOP tax bill that the House passed today.

10 Likes

4 Likes

An actual legitimate violation, by a government agent no less.