Meet the sheriff who threatened to arrest someone for having an anti-Trump sticker on their car

Excellent. Boots on the ground!

I’m having trouble interpreting this and would like your locally contextualized advice.

If my local cops said this it would translate to “we’re being badgered by local people who consider your sign to be a violation of obscenity laws. If you come talk to us, we can tell you how to modify it so that there’s no way for these people to claim it’s obscene (perhaps by inserting an asterisk or two) and then we can tell the callers our hands are tied by the damn liberal laws so they’ll stop tying up our phone lines and interrupting our poker games”.

I don’t mean by the above to defend the behavior of my local cops, who are mostly corrupt and murderous. I am just trying to decode the text, y’know? Any assistance you can render based on the behavior of your local po-po would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’m sure that, like any cops (my dad was Houston PD), there’s a factor of “just stop so we don’t have to get involved.” However, as I mentioned above, it’s more to do with the fact that he’s planning on running for this district’s House seat and wants to pander to the Trumpet base (never mind Clinton won here, iirc). It’s even more true now that a) the County Prosecutor has disavowed ever suggesting that they’d pursue charges or prosecute (so he’s good at making shit up) and b) as mentioned above they dug hard and deep to find something, anything, to make an arrest on.

Also, it’s not cops going to poker games here, it’s cops going to eat at Luby’s for free as part of some grub-for-protection racket or understanding.

(Fun Texas fact: if you ever watch “King of the Hill” the character Luann Platter is named after one of the combo plates at Luby’s, since it’s a Texas institution.)

2 Likes

Ah, thanks!

So Rob’s characterization was pretty accurate, then. Always nice to have independent corroboration.

(I appreciated the Texas trivia too! Here it’s 7-11 and Dunkin’ Donuts.)

I like the subscript even better: F*ck You for Voting for him! Good to see that message getting out there down in good ol’ Fort BendOver County, TX.

Edit: OK, I shouldn’t talk smack about the county name, sorry about that. I should just keep to denigrating the top county cop who doesn’t know what he’s doing. And should be fired.

1 Like

Once again, life imitates art. Poorly.

Warren Miller / The New Yorker

1 Like

Aaah, the Criminal justice Act. What a fun piece of legislation.

GGM are excellent people, and any night they put on is guaranteed Fun Times. And tinnitus.

1 Like

Fuck them and their law!

I sell bumper stickers and would be more than happy to acquire custom stickers the read, “Fuck Sheriff Nehls!”

1 Like

Revenge is Sweet

"Now to the very right of Karen Fonseca’s “F— Trump and f–k you for voting for him” sticker on the back window of her husband’s white truck is the slightly smaller message, "F— Troy Nehls and f–k you for voting for him,”

4 Likes

Saw this last night before going to bed, definitely made me lol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.