Meet the woman crafting monster schlongs for GWAR

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/19/meet-the-woman-crafting-monster-schlongs-for-gwar.html

3 Likes

First the two headed shark story and now a Gwar article this morning. What are you trying to tell me Boing Boing?

1 Like

I already have my ticket to that show

2 Likes

GWAR costumes have come a looong way since the beginning of World Domination:

“This is, as far as anyone knows, GWAR’s first full live performance. Started by the members of Richmond hardcore band Death Piggy as a goofy joke band that could open their sets, the band originally known as Gwarrrrggghhh! eventually became the focus of their efforts. This video captures the very beginning of their path to world domination, and presents a GWAR lineup that even longtime fans might not know about. In the early days, Dave Brockie, aka Oderus Urungus, was GWAR’s guitar player, and while he still did most of the talking between songs, it was Joe Annaruma that handled the lead vocals. That lasted until 1986, when Brockie took over the vocal position, and Oderus Urungus was born.” -rvamag

“joke band”? Who’s laughing now?

Gwarrrrggghhh!

2 Likes

Metal.

I’m not into her “thing”… but heck. If that’s what she digs (and it doesn’t cause harm).

At uni I met an incredibly petite (and constantly cheerful) student in a general ed class. Along the way, we became friendly towards each other, and it got to a point where she confided in me, telling me that her parents had once sent her to a child psychiatrist; that was while she was in grade school. Why? She, admittedly, was obsessed with drawing cemeteries; that’s all she liked drawing. I asked her about her artistic preference; why? She couldn’t say. I kept thinking about that, though, and came to this conclusion: So what. As a child, all I wanted to draw were airplanes and spaceships. Nothing ever depicted with people. A psychiatrist could have found that interesting.

1 Like

Given the headline:

Meet the woman crafting monster schlongs for GWAR

And your opening for your anecdote:

At uni I met an incredibly petite (and constantly cheerful) student in a general ed class.

I was really wondering where that story was going to end up.

1 Like

GWAR is, and has been, my favourite group for decades. I absolutely agree with the red stain being a badge of honor. Not just in school, but also in a Wafflehouse at two in the morning raging drunk.

So many fond memories.

3 Likes

tenor (5)

1 Like

This looks like it could have been from a recent show. Weird jokes that don’t necessarily go anywhere, multiple characters roaming on and off stage, copious blood, noise and utter chaos everywhere. Even some of the costumes look like they took many hours to create.

1 Like

OMG. I did that as a kid. Tons of pen and ink cemeteries with gnarly black tree limbs. I got a “You doing ok, buddy?” from my dad. We couldn’t afford a shrink :confused:

I turned out mostly ok. Mostly.

3 Likes

As with the girl in my post, you likely didn’t require a shrink. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.