Meet the woman with the world's longest hair

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/28/meet-the-woman-with-the-worlds-longest-hair.html

4 Likes

It was hard to see which hair was the longest, all the other hairs were in the way.

16 Likes

If you’re going to use a non-free image, you might as well show Aliia Nasyrova instead of Nilanshi Patel.

3 Likes

Seems like, for all the women, their hair is quite thick too - I wonder if there’s some correlation between follicle density and maximum length…

1 Like

Seeing all that hair makes my neck hurt.

3 Likes

Having just had to clear out my shower’s plughole, I’m not a fan. :wink:

ETA: My hair is growing, right now!

3 Likes

To get around that, just use your eyes to scan the entire length. Stop swiveling your head back and forth, back and forth in amazement. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s far from amazement, other than trying to figure out why someone would choose to carry around pounds and pounds and pounds of hair. Ouch!

1 Like

Someday in a time of need, when the city is attacked, that hair can be cut off and twisted into ropes for catapults. She can also be rescued from very small towers.

3 Likes

XLNT points, my dear.

My neck still hurts. tophat-biggrin

Why not both? :smiley:

1 Like

Not everybody CAN grow their hair that long. It may be naturally more brittle and some people have follicles that only grow a single strand so long before shutting down.

My great aunt always kept her hair in a bun, so nobody really knew how long it was, but we learned late in her life that before the age of 100 her hair had never been cut.

She was in a nursing facility recovering from a fall and one of the aides brushed out her hair for her and offered to trim it, so she let her. She ended up crying and the aide asked why, which is when she said it had never been cut before.

4 Likes

The ones three feet longer than her height.

1 Like

I’ve been growing my hair since my daughter was born. People are always a bit shocked when I let it down because it’s as long as it’s ever been. But it’s definitely not getting longer. Can’t seem to get it past my chest when I lay it in front of my shoulders. :cry:

It would be pretty neat to see what kind of full-body outfit this woman could come up with if she learned a few tips from this hair artist:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.