Woman who hasn't had a haircut in 28 years occasionally trips over her 6-foot-long tresses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/woman-who-hasnt-had-a-haircu.html

4 Likes

15 Likes

13 Likes

But, can she sing?

e1f1606af1e91ef5e0e144cfe90c4d43--musical-hair-floors

15 Likes

That’s what’s under a lot of Sikh turbans. They are not supposed to cut their hair.

8 Likes

[photo caption] The Seven Sutherland Sisters pose for a publicity photo. When appearing with Barnum & Bailey’s, their photos were usually arranged so that their hair touched the floor.

11 Likes

There are some Mennonites who are like, “It’s a start…”

3 Likes

she should take heed of the fate of Hans Langseth, who holds the record (still!) for the world’s longest beard, at 17.5 feet. he died in 1927 because he broke his neck tripping over it. he started growing it when he was 19, and he died when he was 81, and his beard is now part of the Smithsonian’s permanent collection.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Unplanned companion piece.

12 Likes

Most men who haven’t had a haircut in that long are just plain Sikh

3 Likes

I’m surprised human hair even can grow that long. I tried growing mine out and it refused to go past shoulder length- I assume that’s just how it’s “programmed”, similar to how your eyebrows never go past a certain length.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that when I’ve been on a run taking calcium supplements, my hair (and nails) grows faster. I have no idea if that would effect continuation of hair growth, but perhaps worth a try…?

2 Likes

Well, obviously the answer to that is She’s stealing it all!

2 Likes

14 Likes

11 Likes

I was going to nitpick about “Artifact”, but I see that it is:

Though beard hair can only grow about four or five feet before dying off, Langseth matted the dead hair together in a coil, like that of today’s dreadlocks, to further lengthen and strengthen his beard.

1 Like

She’s got an unusually long anagen component to her hair growth cycle.

I’ve got a friend with the same thing. She grows it out past mid thigh, then cuts it, donates it, and then starts the process all over.

12 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t had a haircut in I’m not sure exactly how many years, but over 20. It reached my waist within the first five or so years, and hasn’t gotten longer since.

4 Likes

10 Likes