Woman who hasn't had a haircut in 28 years occasionally trips over her 6-foot-long tresses

One of my college friends was like this, too. Her hair nearly reached her knees, and she never cut it. What amazed me was the number of our classmates who kept nagging her to do so (at an all female school).

4 Likes

Same here. I haven’t cut mine in over a decade and it refuses to grow much beyond the middle of my back.

3 Likes

In the Ukraine, your hair does you.

That’s cheating. The World Beard and Mustache Championships (WBMC) would never let him compete.

1 Like

Depends on your own personal genetics. Long ago I ran across an article that explained it. No idea where to find it now, been years.

Caught my attention because my mom had hair like this growing up. When I was young (14-29) I grew mine past my butt at times. That was always when it got super annoying to deal with, so I would donate some at that point. Never tested how long it would keep growing.

ETA: I see @Bobo is on the case though.

2 Likes

Living in the Odessa area, she must bun it often in winter, I suppose. I couldn’t bear to drag it through the dirty, grey snow in mid-January if it were me.

2 Likes

Does the weight of all that hair give her headaches? I dated a girl in HS with hair to her waist. She would double braid it for basketball games, and she said she always got headaches from it.

3 Likes

I used to get massive headaches from when I had my hair grown out to just below my shoulders - so, not long by most measures but my hair is very thick - and I can’t believe that this woman isn’t constantly in pain. Hair gets HEAVY.

3 Likes

Alas, I fear the “certain length” that my eyebrow hair will not go past has yet to be reached…

3 Likes

I had a great Aunt who lived to be 103 years old and got her very first haircut when she was in a nursing home at 100.

2 Likes

I thought this was how hair worked. But according to the article her hair kept growing longer every few years. Unless it’s a scan of some sort.

2 Likes

Presumably that’s how most people’s hair works - if you could grow floor-length hair just by not getting it cut for a few decades, it wouldn’t be remarkable when someone manages it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.