Girl with approximately 150 "Bunchems" snarled in her hair

Originally published at: Girl with approximately 150 "Bunchems" snarled in her hair | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Having had long hair, and some run-in’s with tough snarls, mineral oil would shave a few hours of the time-to-recovery.

19 Likes

18 Likes

Short hair is all the rage right now, that’s what I would say…

21 Likes

Another bonus for baldness. The benefits keep stacking.

20 Likes

Also, your the first to know it’s raining, it’s a biggie.

26 Likes

Also, you finally get to know just exactly how much your scalp sweats.

20 Likes

“Oh no it sticks to hair! Won’t somebody think of the children!”

Lady, back in my day all we had were toys like Bag O’ Glass. And we liked it!

47 Likes

My initial reaction was “someone is getting a pixie cut…”. But I guess her mom was tenacious!

7 Likes

Seriously, this (or something like it) can be very useful in getting badly tangled hair unstuck. When my elderly father wasn’t taking such good care of himself and got tangled hair, using this spray helped a lot.

Edited to add: detangling yarn can be a soothing activity, but badly snarled hair is an entirely different story…

20 Likes

Came here to post this. Ah, old-school SNL!

5 Likes

In fourth grade my friends and I got really into “Ziggies,” where you wound up a rubber band and dropped it in somebody’s hair, where it unwound and grabbed all the hair it could while it did. I can only imagine the horrors we could have created with a box of Bunchems.

3 Likes

I wonder if our 18 year old cat would mind this . . . .

7 Likes

At least kids with hair don’t have to worry about things like this:

20 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s pet-safe, if it’s baby-safe; there are similar products for pets. I’d originally bought it to use on my shi-tzu, who got tangles in his fur and wasn’t patient about grooming either. :rofl:

10 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about Maimway myself when I read this.

3 Likes

…sooooooo she got a “Bunch” of Bunchems in her hair?

3 Likes

With hairdressers still in shutdown around here, I suddenly have the urge to buy a bunch of those and apply generously to men offering advice to parents without being prompted to.

But then, sadly, most of them have shorter hair, and the shutdown is not going to last long enough to change this, really.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that I’m the first person on here to say it looked pretty cool. I’m sure it was a nightmare for the child and the mother but I think there are a few leftfield bands who could improve their singer’s cool quotient by adopting this style.

4 Likes

I wonder if this toy’s design was inspired by the burr?

20 Likes