Megachurch pastor struggles to defend $200,000 Lamborghini purchase

They don’t limit power/mass for learners?

Bible belt racist believing in Jesus, King of the Jews.

3 Likes

I’ve always chosen to think he would be riding in the vw microbus with his pals.

”And eleven long haired Friends of Jesus
In a Chartreuse microbus”

2 Likes

12 Likes

To them calling Jesus the “King of the Jews” might just be a dog whistle to remind the congregation who it was that killed the Messiah? Racists gotta race… hence the super car, I guess.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Jesus will take the wheel and protect her

1 Like

Canon Jesus is not the same as fanfic Jesus

5 Likes

His statement that he is “a husband first” is not the way the way any man or woman of God is supposed to believe… Any child of God is supposed to Him first in ALL things and that includes his marriage!! I wouldn’t want this man man as my pastor for sure. FAKE!!

2 Likes

I think it’s a key aspect of modern evangelicalism, just to varying degrees.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the wrong Calvin! :wink:

6 Likes

Lakewood the pastor writes books that is how he gets his money! Not from the church. The pastor who bought the car used his own money by writing books. It’s their money not the churches. You write a book and you can decide what to do with your money.

Books that sell based on (as you note twice) his authority as a pastor (supposedly one of Christ). If he was Suze Orman or Robert Kiyosaki or Money Moustache guy, no-one here would really care about what they did with their money unless they were breaking their own advice.

5 Likes

Welcome to boing boing, new comrade!

7 Likes

Cognitive dissonance abounds.

I have seen sone shepherds with a Lamborghini. Like this one:

4 Likes

fanfic Jesus is awesome.

4 Likes

Weird, huh? Does Calvin in the strip really represent “total depravity”?

6 Likes

I still say it is their money they earned. They can do what they want with it. You have the right to donate to your church or a church, then do it.

No-one is arguing otherwise. We’re all pointing out that buying a $200k supercar is not something someone truly committed to the gospel of Christ (and whose books repeatedly cite it) would do when there are still poor and hungry people around.

Again, no-one is arguing otherwise. We’re pointing out that this scumbag pastor donated this money to the church of his wife’s vanity (in a particularly stupid way).

8 Likes

Trouble is, anyone who thinks buying a Lamborghini is a good idea, thinks they’re an expert. And they’ll be just expert enough to go online to the Lamborghini owners’ forums and wheedle the answer out of other self-estimated experts.