Melania statue in Slovenia is removed after it was burned by mysterious "vandals"

I’ve seen examples of JP’s work up close. All his paintings have a deliberate intent and structure behind them that I don’t see evidence of here. I think it’s just a bad sculpture.

5 Likes

Geeez that’s hideous! Are we sure Melanie didn’t put the hit out on this statue herself?

8 Likes

I have no issue with the statue as art. It makes me smile honestly. But I’m wondering with this whole removal deal, was she on the losing side of a Slovenian civil war?

1 Like

Yeah, the guy was a painter. This is a piece of shit. Made by a non chainsaw sculptor.

3 Likes
16 Likes

I think it does a great job of capturing the rictus soul behind her wooden visage.

Better than the joke I came here to post.

4 Likes

The original point of the statue was to point out the inconsistency of having an immigrant first lady married to an anti-immigrant president.

The last war in Slovenia was in the break up of Yugoslavia, and they managed to come out pretty unscathed, all things considered (compared especially to Bosnia and Kosovo).

10 Likes

A good likeness. Wooden with no personality.

11 Likes

I’m with you. I am certain there are better executed chainsaw pieces. But the ridiculous face and electric blue paint make me chuckle. It also assume the execution is shoddy to be funny, which makes me smile too. It’s on brand for the Trumps.

5 Likes

Until I clicked the link, I didn’t notice the detail that Matilda is standing on books.

Nice… Nice touch!

3 Likes

I sure hope she’s on the losing side of our current USA civil war.

4 Likes

Make it so!

1 Like

Pointless, wooden and unconvincing - the First Lady was not available for comment.

3 Likes

Before I knew about the birthplace angle, I thought a wooden statue was actually a good idea for a hated president('s wife). You get the diplomatic benefits of giving someone a statue, but not the permanence of said statue. That ruse would only be convincing for the dumbest of dumb though…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.