A giant, bare-chested Jeff Goldblum statue appears in London

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/18/a-giant-bare-chested-jeff-gol.html

4 Likes

It begins. The avatar of chill delight in life gets his proper due.

5 Likes

Now that’s some serious nightmare fuel.

4 Likes

A god I could pray to.

6 Likes

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6PsttriaFE

I read this as an effective, positive counter to Trump vis the Baby Trump Mini-blimp.

Don’t ask me why. I just do.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the remaster of the movie where they replace all the dinosaurs and actors with more Jeff Goldbloom as was originally planned but had to scrap due to budgetary and technological reasons

5 Likes

Yeah. “Ooh, ah,” that’s how it always starts. But then later there’s running and screaming.

9 Likes

O_O

Not that I don’t love me some Goldblum as much as the next fanboy, but the interpretation totally fails to live up to the movie ideal:

I don’t know if it’s intentional, but the statue is very disproportionate…

11 Likes

Um, no please.

The off-putting lack of texture, the lumpen groin, edemic limbs, and (ack) sponge-painted stubble all add up to something much more unappealing than the sum of its parts.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to a series of memes that start with, “Hey big guy…”

1 Like

<Goes to book a flight to london, realizes passport is out of date>

toomuch

5 Likes

“I don’t know if it’s intentional, but the statue is very disproportionate…”

Jeff might agree, except for the hinted-at bulk of the genitalia as being of ‘actual size’.

3 Likes

I’m imagining this as a Cyriak video…

3 Likes

That statue is horrid. It completely deflates the fantasy I concocted from the movie scene. Woe is me.

1 Like

I mean, i wouldn’t say no to that…

1 Like

Ok, so who here remembers 10 Speed and Brown Shoe?

4 Likes

That’s hideous. His recline is at a lower angle, his chest is in, not out, his face is longer, his brow is narrower and not slanted, and his hair sucks also. GTFO with this amateur effort. I didn’t think any one did this by hand any more any way. Scan it and CNC it if you can’t actually sculpt.

1 Like

Hey, it could be worse.

8 Likes