Musk fanboys create $600k monument to their hero

Originally published at: Musk fanboys create $600k monument to their hero | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Holy fuck stan culture can really be that cancerous

28 Likes

Where is Moses when you need him?

18 Likes

Some of us have been wondering why the usual fanbois haven’t been showing up here lately to defend every dumb move their god-emperor makes. Mystery solved!

18 Likes

Why a goat?

7 Likes

Goat? That looks like some kind of hideous slug/millipede crossover body on that thing.

Goats are lovely.

26 Likes

I don’t get it at all.

I wouldn’t donate 10 cents to build a statue of someone I actually liked and respected, no matter who they were.

But to build one of Phony Stark? Those are some deranged humans.

15 Likes

So really they’re just hoping some of his big meme-stock energy will rub off on their meme-currency, right? So just the regular behavior / magical thinking of the rest of his fanbois, but made into a concrete grift (well, steel or whatever…)

11 Likes

Someone please tell me that these are “christians”. Pretty please?

8 Likes

We will all see how much Musk cares about them by what he does with this “art”

4 Likes

It looks like a sandworm…

22 Likes

“GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)” pun?

Fits with Musk’s lame sense of humor (recall he carried a sink into Twitter HQ just so he could make a terrible “let that SINK in!” joke).

12 Likes

That reminds me of this. Maybe if we all wish together we can put him in the cornfield.

good life

16 Likes

Before I read the article I assumed they were going for a God Emperor of Dune sandworm cross-thingee

@BakaNeko

7 eleven coke GIF

10 Likes

This could be used in an art class to demonstrate a basic principle of art: you don’t get to assign meaning to your work. If the consensus is you have created a giant ugly thing that mocks the subject then that is what you have created. Leave it up to the tech-bros to think you can “engineer” a sculpture.

18 Likes

This being real and this being a joke aren’t mutually exclusive. It is very much a joke. Unintentionally so of course, but then Musk and his followers never succeed in being funny on purpose.

16 Likes

Proof, if any is needed, of the beauty of the Goat.

It’ll look great next to the statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest

My take on this escapee from the Muskatonic Museum of NFaT.

22 Likes

Dear lord - it looks like the Tenniel drawing of the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

Riding a dildo.

14 Likes
9 Likes

Six hundred thousand dollars?

[flips over desk]

SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND MEASLY FUCKING DOLLARS?!

12 Likes