Musk fanboys create $600k monument to their hero

an attempt was made, still can’t beat giant Eddie Murphy head

23 Likes

That is hideous as fuck.

26 Likes

The sculptor didn’t accept payment in Elon GOAT Token?

12 Likes

And hence a suitable homage to the subject…

19 Likes

“Hey, do you think we should maybe see what a goat looks like before we start?”
“I guess. I’ll check the bestiary.”

Goat

26 Likes

And why does the head look like it’s not even made from the same material as the rest of the… thing?

Maybe the sculptor was repurposing a monstrosity he had lying around and just whipped up an Elon head and slapped it on for an easy $600k.

“Look! I’ve made you Elon on a… goat! Yeah, a goat!”

9 Likes

The sculptor has really captured Elon’s steely, uncaring gaze.

" I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“A weird fucking caterpillar of steel
Stands in the desert. . . . Near it, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read"

17 Likes

I know that the later Dune books have something of a reputation for quality drift; but I didn’t think that there was one about Elon Musk merging with a sandworm…

11 Likes

Fanfic/slash fiction from the incel fanbois…

9 Likes

Also… doesn’t it look a bit like Boyd Holbrook in Sandman?

But butt-ugly?

:thinking:

Or is that just me…

21 Likes

Apart from everything else that’s wrong with this: have they ever seen a goat? That’s not what a goat’s body looks like

16 Likes

Maybe they have only seen goat like this?

15 Likes

My first thought was this is a publicity stunt to gain viral traction for a pump-and-dump of their EGT coin. Since the most recent crypto crash and a lot of bad press, people are wising up to the fact that they are all pump-and-dump stock schemes without a pesky company tied to the stock to deal with. Coins are having to do increasingly weird marketing stunts to get press to start the snowball scam rolling now. It’s not enough to create it and get some C-list celebrities to tweet about it anymore.

But then I saw the price tag on this thing and I’m not so sure. Surely even cryptobros wouldn’t spend that much on a coin pumping stunt?

Also the guy is from a very small city (80k people) in central British Columbia. Did the 600k go to him? If so he cleaned up. You can live like a king on that in Chilliwack. Or is that how much he’s personally spent making it? If so where did he get the money? Nobody in Chilliwack has disposable income like that. It’s a lovely place, but humble and middle-class. I have so many questions but I don’t want the answers to any of them.

20 Likes

Honestly, I doubt even that. Musk’s weird nerds are probably not adventurous eaters.

8 Likes

Nobody who’s been to Chilliwack is surprised.

4 Likes

30 Likes

Unless they’re lying about the price tag as part of the scam

24 Likes

Yah good point. That number doesn’t really make any sense. I wonder what the source on it is. There isn’t more than a few thousand bucks worth of steel in that.

The more I think about this, the more I think the entire goal is to get Musk to tweet about EGT. That’s enough to do any pump and dump.

21 Likes

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

10 Likes

Maybe a tribute/graven Idol of their deity, the Prosperity Gospel version of bitcoin bro faith? A stroke and choke?

8 Likes