Musk fanboys create $600k monument to their hero

20 Likes

I thought so too(th) but on closer examination it’s a the environmental reflection on the apparently super polished eyeballs - the jagged horizon ends up looking like an @beschizza

9 Likes

I wonder if that is how much the artist has been paid for the er, um, art, or if that is how much they have been promised if the pump and dump works out.

I have to say, I do enjoy the cargo cult aspect of this whole endeavor

12 Likes

I dunno. I found a different pic and it does look like Corinthian

So ugly and not even ugly in an interesting way. More like slapped-together. I noticed they gave him lots and lots of hair
What a bloody waste of money. Even if it didn’t cost 600k.

12 Likes

I am not denying that it looks like a statue of a serial killer - but the eye-teeth are a reflection of the horizon (maybe intentional? I mean, they really polished those eyeballs…)

ETA: and a lot of people turn out to look like each other in the right circumstance

4 Likes

The likeness of the head is quite uncanny. But the way it’s put together with weird rib goat (that looks more like armature for a statue of a corgi, to me) and then sitting on a rocket. Someone put a lot of time into that and failed

8 Likes

A fitting tribute then!

13 Likes

So all we need to do is make sure it ends up somewhere there isn’t a horizon full of buildings, like say the fires of Mount Doom.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Aww man, you’re making me hungry :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Squints - that sculpture is supposed to be PRO Elon?

5 Likes

They’re delivering a giant missile to Elon’s doorstep, and no one’s broached the Trojan Horse angle yet?

11 Likes

Holy crap! This is the same guy who’s building the giant metal T-rex in Penticton. I clearly didn’t read the article too closely, but immediately thought of the giant dino.

5 Likes

Interesting - it looks like a really big Ral Partha (specifically) lead miniature from 1981

Giant metal stainless steel T-rex for display in Penticton getting closer to completion - Penticton News - Castanet.net.

6 Likes

I like the fact you have an appropriate image from a bestiary to hand - is there a medieval image for every situation?

6 Likes

Well, it’s a giant dildo, not a missile. But the same question still applies.

4 Likes

Beware of geeks bearing gifts.

9 Likes

I don’t know, but if you want animals drawn by people who have never seen them there’s a very good selection. Also women and children.

22 Likes

Zardoz only got one word wrong for our future (may it not happen).

“The gun is good, the vagina is evil” is pretty much the Republican party motto now. I’m now imagining a giant orange head floating around 50 years from now.

14 Likes

Also, beware geeks selling gifs.

14 Likes