Men polled about women's pubic hair

So you have a 3 foot beard and hair from your head down to your ass? Otherwise, it is a matter of degree on the trim, right?

2 Likes

Not all people shave or trim for sexual hygiene. I started doing it for athletic reasons, and just found it convenient. When cycling for 100 miles or so, the shorts pinching the pubes gets tiresome fast. I used to shave, but found it irritating, especially around the genital area. Last year I finally switched to hard wax. I use small clippers to reduce anything longer to maybe 1/6" or so, then wax the rest.

1 Like

Itā€™s really my favorite latelyā€¦ it can be read in so many ways.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the GIF that keeps on giving. (Oh rightā€¦ door, that way, okayā€¦)

5 Likes

I think overall, people should do what they want with their bodiesā€¦

I have read (though I canā€™t remember where) that shaving body hair can be bad for youā€¦ but weā€™ve been doing it for most of human history, for a variety of reasons, so I doubt thatā€™s going to stop us.

2 Likes

Obligatory, in my opinion anyway:

8 Likes

so much tmi

4 Likes

You walk into a post about genital grooming and complain about TMI?

26 Likes

Might be a complaint, not enough info.

Could be:

ā€œugh, so much TMI!ā€

Could be:

"mmmmm, so much TMI :slight_smile: "

7 Likes

You knowā€¦ not my favorite by her, actually.

Yeah. Not mine either, but topical.

TMI FTW!

Git yer FOOooOOM toms on!

7 Likes

Ok. Thatā€™s fair.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s my attitude. Sex is like pizza. The worst pizza (Little Seizures) is still better than no pizza, and Iā€™ll eat whateverā€™s offered to me.

So it is with sex.

2 Likes

I read it here, on Salon, about three years ago. Strikes me more as something to worry about if the skin gets irritated, nicked, or chafed.

1 Like

I HAVE STANDARDS!!

2 Likes

I can barely be bothered to shave my face once (maybe twice) a week. Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™d shave much else!

4 Likes

ā€¦ which is part and parcel of shaving, isnā€™t it?

Okay, Iā€™m clumsy and have sensitive skin, so maybe itā€™s just part of shaving for people like me, but not for people without these problems ā€¦

1 Like

I get ingrown hair and acne when I shave a lot of the time and Iā€™m 43. Fuck that.

8 Likes

Since weā€™re all going full monty on our body hair habits,

I trim, no shave. Itā€™s less prickly & for a shorter time IME & Iā€™m too hairy to shave just one part of my body because aesthetic

But Iā€™ve tried it, full body, just below the waist, just legs, a few times on the swim team, a few times for cycling though I was just being polite on the off occasions Iā€™ve raced road. MTB can be hairy legs, very few MTBerā€™s would get snooty over shaving. Have always had to trim for general cycling comfort.

Every time Iā€™ve shaved though it was less comfy coming back in than just a severe trimming is, and trimming is hella easy compared to shaving if you donā€™t shave alot.

As for sexual partners, Iā€™ve seen many variants, but not-shaved-yet-trim is my fave, though I simply donā€™t care enough to even mention it/talk bout it, esp now that Iā€™m monogamous & my partner is set to ideal for me in that dept.

As for the article, that 41% sure strikes me as largely the result of pron proliferation, you? Not that I think anything ought be done, people gonna watch pron, people gonna let it shape their desires and expectations, people gonna put pressure on their partners or prospective partners or all people to meet those expectations and there isnā€™t fuackalot to do about because because again, people gonna watch pron.

Youā€™ll pry the pron out of peopleā€™s cold, dead hands, but then youā€™ll watch it or your kid will or in any case there will be more than ever. Just talk to your kids, prblem solved.

2 Likes