Men's rights meltdown at McDonalds

Canadians, apparently.

9 Likes

Whatever. We’ll be over here with our poutine, our healthcare, and our magical unicorn PM.

16 Likes

And you want to be my latex salesman.

1 Like

11 Likes

And our ongoing debate about which came first.

9 Likes

A killer, certainly, a “murderer” in the relevant sense (culpability) that distinguishes murder from other categories of killing?

Murder is unlawful premeditated killing. All murders are homicides, but not all homicides are murder.Would it make sense to insist that someone who is found “not criminally responsible” (the legal term for this in Canada) for killing a person is still a “murderer” when they lacked the capacity to commit the offence in question?

Oh, fair enough! Sorry I was on a ranty tear!

But welcome to boing boing! :wink:

2 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

Consider the source, as my Gram used to say.

4 Likes

l hope the folks who got bizarrely self righteous with @Umm saw that this post has been retracted because the guy is, in fact, mentally ill. And thanks @umm for pushing through an opinion that I totally agree with in the face of a good old fashioned BoingBoing self righteous pile on.

1 Like

On the contrary, it was retracted because someone else claiming to know him says he’s suffered a brain injury (which is not mental illness, and which would be credible). I’m having trouble confirming it. Looks like it was a fake report designed to concern trolley the video away.

I’m not surprised, but will keep trying.

15 Likes

Fair enough.

Personally I’d just let it go, it strikes me as really not worth the risk when the only payoff is public amusement at someone’s humiliation. But of course the show must go on, and 99.999% of the time I deeply enjoy the show around here so my opinion is presented with a very small grain of salt.

1 Like

We’re not amused. On the contrary, we’re bothered that it’s becoming de rigueur to berate and humiliate fast food workers and then complain when it bites you on your bottom.

13 Likes

I get it now! This is super important work!

1 Like

Trying to create a world in which misogynist douchebaggery is socially unacceptable?

Yes, it is.

13 Likes

I miss poutine. You can’t really get it in Australia.

4 Likes

Well, I prefer to treat people with respect, but you go ahead and keep doing what you’re doing! :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Oh please, unlike many of the posters here I’ve been completely respectful.

You must be able to get cheese curds no?
Home made is always the best kind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes