Menu at Saudi hotel offers "accuracy of sheep meat", "my property" and "tuna is a problem"

In Howondaland Arghh! translates variously as “Your wife is a big hippo!” “I would like to eat your foot!” and “Hello, Thinks Mr Purple Cat!”

6 Likes

A royal blindfolded for me please. Is this European or Arabic Royalty?

4 Likes

The explanation of how this happened is wonderful.

21 Likes

One order of Not A Problem, please. I haven’t had that in ages.

19 Likes

Chicken Dump Truck is my new band name. We will all play blindfolded, but not in a weird way, more of an ordinary one.

I am fucking dying of laughter

11 Likes

Is an accuracy of sheep like a murder of crows?

11 Likes

Thanks for enlightening me! And that sounds delicious.

4 Likes

Just popped in to make sure this gets posted:

—Thank you, hummus

18 Likes

In cases like that Google search can be a better resource (changing editions to match the language). It might not provide a source, but a definition usually shows up in the first few results. After watching episodes of Escape to the Country, it helped me figure out why a couple was looking around a house for a snug - a word I’d thought of mainly as an adjective.

5 Likes

These days with Irish bars being common in the US, a noun snug (as in a private room) is fairly common, I would have thought.

4 Likes

Is “a regular Erika” anything like a US Karen? That would seem less than palatable…

7 Likes

My gut disagreed with the Accuracy of sheep meat, but I went back and tried After one day despite the Normal doubt. There was no need for Boycott, A period of master is wonderful, but you need To feel it.

Thank you,
Hummus

Beans, gentlemen!

10 Likes

I think they’re mostly those fake Irish bars. I watch a lot of home shows, and that was a first. I’ve never heard it on House Hunters International, either, but that’s usually folks from the US looking for homes in other countries. When listening to real estate agents in the UK or Australia, the main points of confusion seem to be common rooms and storage.

The living room, reception, parlor, keeping room, family room, sitting room, den, or study are easier to figure out based on furniture. Hearing people clash over cupboard, closet, 'robe, larder, pantry, and various types of sheds in the polyonymous area surrounding a house is always good for a laugh. :confused: :smile:

4 Likes

I can definitely translate.

“Liver sheep with chickpeas” is actually sheep liver with garbanzo beans.

3 Likes

Do I even want to know what the “dumping thickness” is?

4 Likes

Reminds me of the local white people making hay over a Thai resto in my town spelling a dish “Pad See Ewe”.

People on Yelp are the worst. And of course, if you don’t pay Yelp $300 a month, they make sure those reviews are the ones on top.

3 Likes

I think I found a mostly-empty tub of “foul with hummus” in the back of my fridge

6 Likes

I believe this is the Arabic version of Apple Cabin.

4 Likes

Here’s the translations:

10 Likes

But this menu doesn’t have the traditional local delicacy:
503 Translation Service Unavailable.

11 Likes