Menu at Saudi hotel offers "accuracy of sheep meat", "my property" and "tuna is a problem"

I have my doubts about the translator, let alone the translation. And this seems like a totally normal response.

I dunno, I think if you order “lintels” you’re going to be dissapointed.

3 Likes

Meh. I think it’s quite obvious what it’s supposed to be versus the original “translation”.

I’m interested.
Still existing?
Got a picture of the menu?
Or does it have a website with the menu?

1 Like

Maybe just me, but I’d think of a pub having a snug, not a home.

7 Likes

“Royal Blindfolded” sounds about right.

11 Likes

I’d prefer Friday to Lintels.

2 Likes

“Hacksaws in Embassy” and “Ransom in Hotel” other MBS specialities

4 Likes

The top three in the right column are a good weekend starter: “Friday, not a problem, after one day”

6 Likes

Tag yourself I’m broad beans I have no fucking idea.

3 Likes

Not too sure - there’s a worldwide shortage of it.

I herd that it was. (But only when collie-created. Robot dogs are remarkably INaccurate. They just make “heep sheep”)

I’m not going to even think of commenting on “A period of cream”. It is NOT a “popular problem”!

3 Likes

It might be part of that trend of making homes include all forms of entertainment. In the US, we’ve seen the rise of home theaters, game/playrooms for kids, bar areas, outdoor patios, pools that look like something from a water park, and separate spaces for parents (man caves and she sheds). All this increases the size of the buildings and property involved.

What’s interesting to me is after all those years of emphasizing in-home entertainment, now we have the pandemic forcing people to stay at home. The media regularly covers people who see their homes as gilded cages. Circumstances aside, this was supposedly the dream sold by housing developers. Instead, it’s a nightmare - especially for businesses who depend on people going out to have fun.

3 Likes

They might still exist, but they ran commercials using music from Brecht’s Die Dreigroschenoper in the 1980’s, when it was risky for a company in the West to associate its brand with Marxism—I’m not sure if their reputation ever recovered.

Here’s the menu:

I strongly suspect that Triple Thick Shakes is a mistranslation. It’s probably more accurately rendered as Threefold Plump Vibrations.

6 Likes

That clears it up. I’ll have an order of Mixed Culture Food and a side of Broad beans I have no fucking idea.
The hilarity continues!

2 Likes

And quarter pounder with cheese is, I think, meant to read: fraction pummeler with a period of cream.

6 Likes

I think I would prefer Lentils to Lintels.

Nope, quarter pounder with cheese is more properly translated as:

9 Likes

Just order coffee and rolls for breakfast, whatever the people next to you are eating at lunch, and chicken biryani for dinner.

1 Like

It could be a quiz, “Saudi hotel entree or song by the Cure?”

5 Likes

It is more like a Murder of Cows.

@PsiPhiGrrrl “Does this property posses an inglenook?”

4 Likes