Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

I’m feeling somewhat conflicted right now.

4 Likes

Meta sued by privacy group over pay up or click OK model

Privacy activist group noyb (None Of Your Business) has filed a data protection complaint against Meta over the “Pay or Okay” subscription model, one it reckons is now being considered by many of Meta’s rivals.

[…]

1 Like

Zuckerberg accused of OK’ing Insta plastic surgery filters despite fears of harm to kids

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has been accused of vetoing a proposed ban of Instagram and Facebook image filters that simulate the effects of plastic surgery, despite being told that such software may cause mental harm for children.

This allegation surfaced on Monday in a mostly unredacted version of the lawsuit [PDF] filed in October by California Attorney General Rob Bonta on behalf of a coalition of 33 State Attorneys General. The state AGs are suing Meta for allegedly designing and deploying features on Instagram and Facebook that harm children and teens.

[…]

1 Like
1 Like

Selling your children, without having the decency of buying them first.

4 Likes

Former Harvard disinformation scholar says she was pushed out of her job after college faced pressure from Facebook

1 Like

Without even digging, and I will dig, I have three articles by or citing her. (Four once that article is in.)

3 Likes

Good job realizing you handed Musk a big fat W by holding up it’s launch there EU

Not their job to give a shot about it and, anyway, who cares if Zuck’s latest grab lives or dies? If you think you are choosing a lesser evil with him, you are still choosing evil.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fine. I don’t want to call round anyway.

Fire up the emergency sirens & then seal the exits from the outside.

IMG_1411

5 Likes

1 Like

Given that Hawai’i is pretty volcanic, 10 points for style though.

Here’s a conceptual drawing. Monorail and everything.

1 Like