"Meth-added" prisoner fails to escape courtroom

You should have seen the look on the immigration officers face in Sydney when he asked my mate if he had a criminal record.

The response ‘why, I didn’t think you needed one these days’ did not go down well.

Pretty sure he’d never heard that one before…:grin:

12 Likes

(then there was the other time when a different friend (who I make sure I’m not in the line with for customs and immigration, ever) went through at Las Vegas. He had several bags carried in both hands, so had his passport and forms held between clenched teeth.

The lady at customs said ‘I’m sorry I don’t touch anything that’s been in someone’s mouth’ so Tony dropped the bags, proffered the documents and said ‘now I do not believe that for one minute’…
surprised he never ended up in jail TBH)

8 Likes

You shouldn’t have said that, it will only cause comments like this to multiply.

4 Likes

A terrorist would be well behaved so as not to draw attention. So by doing that, he proved that was NOT a terrorist and therefore should be allowed in the country.

My uncle (raised in England, lived in Australia for the last 30 years) was visiting my family in Toronto but flew in and out of Buffalo. Crossing in to the US to catch his flight home, the border guard asked him several times to confirm he didn’t plan to stay in the United States, to which he finally replied “ma’am, you couldn’t pay me to live in this country”.

They let him in.

8 Likes

I think I had her for 5th form maths.

2 Likes

That explains a lot.

1 Like

I recall my first ever trip to the States from the UK (first time I had a passport!) - 1995.

Picture the scene: wet behind the ears junior engineer, travelling with very experienced sales guy. We have about $70k worth of equipment for a customer in Boston, and are then flying on to Vegas for a trade show.

Flight gets cancelled, so sales guy manages to get us onto a New York flight, then red eye to Boston. But now all our carnet paperwork is for the wrong city… he says ‘don’t worry about it, if they ask just tell them it’s a non working space model for install planning’.

Land, jetlagged, and the customs guys separate us for questioning - you can imagine how tense I was. He runs through a bunch of questions, deadly serious. Then asks ‘how much cash are you carrying?’. I stutter ‘$500?’… he then says with a wicked grin ‘well THAT ain’t gonna get you very far in Vegas, is it!!!’. Swine.

2 Likes

Personally I found it refreshing to see an older woman presenter on prime time broadcast but I guess the boys club can get a giggle out of her appearance so why not? /s

1 Like

He’s myth eddled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.