"Meth-added" prisoner fails to escape courtroom

Originally published at: "Meth-added" prisoner fails to escape courtroom | Boing Boing

3 Likes

They should have subtracted the meth instead.

27 Likes

I was hoping the escape attempt would involve the construction and then endless fine-tuning of some Rube Goldberg device made from courtroom objects.

10 Likes

“He was charged with escaping custody and …”
In Germany a prison break per se is no crime (for the prisoner). It’s seen as human nature to try to escape. Only stuff like “recklessly causing harm” or resistance to enforcement officers is, and helping other people to escape.

17 Likes

Uh, since you can clearly hear the news announcer say “meth-addled,” the headline is kind of pointless.

3 Likes

This is delivering bad news on a whole new level. For me.

6 Likes

The anchor clearly says “meth-addled”, rather than “meth-added”.

(Emphasis mine.)

4 Likes

Tragic that this should divide us!

13 Likes

Plus ça change, I suppose.

10 Likes

two sheriff’s officers were injured in the violent scuffle

maybe if they didn’t receive their restraint training from pro wrestlers they would have fared better.

2 Likes

I mean, I feel like this dude just proved the judge right in revoking bail lol…

5 Likes

Indeed.
“How [insert Strine slang cussin’] dare you, revoking my bail! I’m not violent! I’ll show you how non-violent I am!”

2 Likes

Lack of proper trouser suspension strikes again…

Bad Santa Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

9 Likes

Teddy… Teddy… I represent your mother, and we’re very disappointed in you. Listen to my words - you’ll never amount to anything. You’ll get no smile from me young man, certainly no affection.

3 Likes

What WHAT!

1 Like

@beschizza - headline is addled (well technically it is not addled, but ‘added’ - but it should be ‘addled’)

2 Likes

Meth Adder. Meth Adder. A shame about the plan.

Meth Adder. Meth Adder. Farewell, you horrid man.

5 Likes

You were expecting MacGyver?

remember-that-timei-couldnt-get-myself-out-of-trouble-using-51918789

5 Likes

That’s nothing, you should have seen how convicts acted 200 years ago when they found out they were being sent to Australia.

5 Likes

Or before that, when they were sent to Georgia.

5 Likes