Watch: Even jail won't let Matt Gaetz and Marj into their building, caught on video

Originally published at: Watch: Even jail won't let Matt Gaetz and Marj into their building, caught on video | Boing Boing

10 Likes

maybe if he books now he can get a cell with a tiny window

18 Likes

“We just came to ask questions”

Asshole, go away. I wouldn’t let him into my building either.

Also, I think Gomert wins the award for the lowest IQ in Congress. And that is not that high a bar these days.

17 Likes

The DC Department of Corrections locked out multiple Members of Congress from reviewing the conditions of the January 6th prisoners.

Why does he think that members of congress should have unilateral access to anything they want? He has no authority there, what a tool.

19 Likes

Well, you don’t want a big window…

11 Likes

He’ll be on the inside soon enough. If he would plead guilty, the trial will go much faster.

10 Likes

Probably there to intimidate his collaborators into not flipping on him.

ETA: Prison guards might not be the smartest demographic for him to be annoying.

9 Likes

“What are they hiding?”

Got to give him credit. He definitely knows how to play to his supporters and get them riled-up. For them, his refusal of entry can be for no other reason than to prevent him from seeing the “patriots” being mistreated.

12 Likes

Why the actual fuck would they believe their unsolicited presence would be welcome at a freakin’ prison, which would only cause disruption and more work for the staff?

Nobody answer that; I know these fucking whackadoos don’t inhabit the same reality as the rest of us…

18 Likes

They are clearly trying to draw a false equivalency between the imprisoned insurrectionists and detained and imprisoned immigrants at detention centers along the southern border

9 Likes

Oh, I get what they are doing; they are batshit if they think that kind of stunt would be welcome at a prison.

13 Likes

Taking the Traveling Dumpster Fire on the road!

Good luck with that!

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700

11 Likes

Oh I reckon he’ll find it really easy to get into a jail fairly soon.

15 Likes

and hopefully not easy to get out.

8 Likes

There’s a reason I call him Gohmert Pyle.

He even sounds a bit like Gomer Pyle.

And he’s completely wrong that “this is a rare time under this administration where prison is used to lock people out instead of lock people in.”

It’s a jail, not a prison, and all jails and prisons lock people out who aren’t supposed/allowed to be there. Do they think anyone can just walk in?

“Hi, I’m just here to visit. No, I don’t know any current inmates. I just wanted to walk around with a camera and film a political stunt to piss off my rage-boner audience.”

The only time they get upset about the incarceration of inmates is when they’re predominantly white conservative domestic terrorists.

13 Likes

Keep knocking, and the joy inside
will eventually open a window
and look out to see who’s there.

1 Like

I hear them knocking, but they can’t come in.

8 Likes

Don’t “come back tomorrow;” don’t “try it again.”

4 Likes

Gaetz is endlessly inventive in his tr_lling.
I couldn’t imagine he would try to treat the 1/6 terrorists as “political prisoners”.

which ones are those again?

the vast majority so far as i understand are all out on their own recognizance. even for felony charges. heck even someone like rittenhouse is out on bail, violating probation rules, and still staying out of jail.

which is exactly how it’s been for most people before trump. you were assigned a court date, and you had to show up at the appointed day, till then you were on your own.

most immigration violations are considered minor misdemeanors ( unless you miss that court date )

1 Like