Miami-Dade cop aggressively hits black woman in the face after she calls him "white"

Right before you start it?

4 Likes

I didn’t victim blame her one iota. I criticized her action and called it unwise. because it is.

I never said its ok when LEOs do that either.
I never said she deserved.
I never said she got what was coming.

I said that is unwise to get up in someone’s face like that. I do not care who you are or they are…it’s always best to keep some personal space.

You just did it again.

EDIT:

Just to clarify WHY you did it again and are continuing to victim blame, ask yourself:

Why is it unwise to get into someone’s face like that and otherwise express your right to free speech against a literal agent of the government?

2 Likes

Thankyou! That’s the kind of reply I expect to read here.

I completely agree with the second sentence, which probably describes the situation everywhere: the desire to wear an uniform, carry a gun, exercise power etc. lead probably to a common authoritarian mindset.
About the first part, I’d be curious to know if there’s a moment or a short period in time that could mark as a milestone when this started, or the legal system and the implicit immunity for the police was introduced from day one?

3 Likes

Instead of the extra training and seminars they attend to encourage combative reactions, I wish they’d learn from LEOs like this:

2 Likes

This is a longish piece (~ 25 min.)
The presenter is an actual lawyer and has clearly done his homework

2 Likes

In the penal context, new and interesting might collide with the cruel and unusual clause.

1 Like

That is just crazy. Glad they’re attempting to reform that article; it essentially makes useless all police body cameras; who cares if they get caught if all they get is a slap on the wrist?

Have ever been surveys to hear from people what they think about that law and the possible reform? I’d be curious to see how opinions vary according to political views and how surveyed people motivate them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.