Michael Jackson's "Thriller" suit reissued by Hugo Boss

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/31/michael-jacksons-thriller-2.html

5 Likes

That is a nice suit.

6 Likes

8 Likes

The beginnings of the post-leisure suit era.

That is a white suit.

9 Likes

This is kinda mandatory when the topic is nice suits …

7 Likes

I would like to see some YouTube celebrity purchase one of these, and then wear it to an all-you-can-eat spaghetti bar where he sits across the table from one of the German tailors.

Two cameras; one focused on the tailor’s face, and the other on the celeb as he eats plate after plate of spaghetti.

No. Napkin. Allowed.

9 Likes

I’m guessing that $1,200 is effectively no markup from a normal Hugo Boss suit.

He comes up on Antiques Roadshow every few episodes, and the appraisers have to sadly explain to the person that Jackson signed so goddamn much shit for his fans that his signature is effectively worthless.

5 Likes

Huh. That reminds me of Salvador Dali’s antics.

2 Likes

It’s the perfect suit for visiting north Africa and pretending to be a French colonizer.

I could rock that shirtless while mowing my lawn in cowboy boots.

But otherwise I wouldn’t have a place to wear it.

I doesn’t come with the pocket square but does it comes with the baby tiger?!

3 Likes

Garish purple color alone does not a leisure suit make.

3 Likes

When are they reissuing this one?

5 Likes

Are you implying it is impossible to eat spaghetti without getting it all over your clothes? Because I have no trouble in that department. Mastered it by the time I was ten. (I will admit with sorrow my adult son still has trouble with this.)

Okay, we’ll officially have to re-classify as a freak now.

3 Likes

No, I’m implying that the point would be to get as much spaghetti as possible on that fantastically white suit, and many YouTube “celebrities” act like this generation’s Jackasses with the things they do already that it should be right up one of their alleys; although I should have clarified that the celebrity needed to be notoriously messy. It was slightly implied with the “no napkins” thing. It would have been more obvious if I had said they needed to use a straw instead of a fork.

Ah well. I would still like to see it.

2 Likes

Or at least manage to spill some of this stuff on themselves:

disappearing%20ink