Michael Moore quietly made a Donald Trump movie. "TrumpLand" opens this week

Ummm … I am sure that if she wanted to Melania could turn her moves up to 11 to end all this. Just say’n.

So, early
each morning, he was driven to a
markedly more down-market three-star
hotel nearby, which is where he would
do his press.

So much KillTheMessenger in this thread. Is his message really that bad, or what, dangerous?, that it calls for so much effort to distract from it?

2 Likes

Change purely to primarily and I’d agree with you. And also with Moore, since that was the war’s primary motivation, if not of the entire “Bush family,” then certainly of key figures in and connected to the Bush administration.

4 Likes

That’s probably some post production facility which is likely equipped to handle projects of varying sizes. Even so, even (relatively) small projects like these can get quite complicated, it’s like all the work needed to get makeup to look “natural”

Some people sound… disappointed with Michael Moore.

3 Likes

That would require expecting something decent from him in the first place.

Yeah yeah, you think he’s a pinko commie with nothing to say that’s at all worth listening to. We get it already.

7 Likes

TrumpLand sounds like one of those rotting amusement parks.

4 Likes

I can’t wait until Hillary gets the Constitution amended to overturn the Citizens United decision so this sort of corporate influence on politics can be banned once and for all.

I think of them as visual essays. And not unlike many other examples of essay, Moore’s exist to opine and persuade. There are often facts, but they are presented to support his personal thesis rather than standing alone as raw data. It seems obvious to me from what little I have seen, so I do wonder why some insist that he is or should be making impartial documentaries. My guess would be that this reflects the limitations of the Hollywood distribution system, which insists upon marketing work within familiar categories.

Of course a post-modern argument would be that all essays, documentaries, etc. inevitably reflect the biases of those who create them. Even raw statistical data requires decisions of what is to be recorded, what is to be left out, and how it is organized. It is perceptions all the way down!

6 Likes

Um… they kind of do, actually.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.