Michigan governor: "It's Shark Week, motherfuckers!"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/19/michigan-governor-its-sha.html

14 Likes

This is cute, but boy oh boy did the sound technicians screw up. All throughout her speech her mouth noises and lip smacking were distractingly loud.

5 Likes

I’ve heard that voice-over actors keep a green apple on hand. Apparently a couple bites of a green apple solves these kinds of mouth noises. I’m not sure what the sound techs can do other than offer the speaker a green apple.

1 Like

I :heart: my Governor so much.

12 Likes

THANK YOU. I was going to comment on the mouth noises. The host of a BB-favorite podcast does this when he speaks and it drives me up a wall. And don’t get me started on people EATING on podcasts.

Are these sounds as apparent face to face or is this just a microphone thing?

2 Likes

Wait, are sharks a big problem for residents of Michigan now?

DID 2020 bring more Sharknadoes from the Southeast??

14 Likes

100%. My misophonia could not stand to listen to more than a minute of that.

Something is misconfigured there. I do on-mic recording as part of my day job, and this seems like a missing pop filter and/or the gain is too high, maybe. I’m not an audio engineer, just a “user” of the equipment so maybe we have an expert here who can chime in.

5 Likes

I’ve always loved “nasty” women, but the fact that Trump hates them adds a whole 'nother layer.

15 Likes

Me, too, she’s really proved to be a much stronger leader than I expected. If she wants a second term, she’s got my vote.

11 Likes

My friends at Well Done Goods were quick on the draw to commemorate this moment:

https://welldonegoods.com/search?q=shark+week

1 Like

What’s a hat mic?

1 Like

Studios also use these babies to reduce sibilance and popping sounds.

1 Like

2 Likes

Was Trump triggered?

2 Likes

But last week was shark week… :thinking:

It’s a thing you wear on your head, and my name’s Leslie.

12 Likes

Surely you must be joking

3 Likes

Maybe one day, She can play kate mckinnon on Saturday Night Live.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week!

1 Like

Whitmer, as a rule, has few fucks to give and I fucking love her for it. And she has few fucks despite the bullshit from a GOP-dominated legislature and a shit ton of “conservatives” to deal with. <3

2 Likes