Mick Jagger's adorable "feud" with Harry Styles

Originally published at: Mick Jagger's adorable "feud" with Harry Styles | Boing Boing

1 Like

Um, you might want to make a little edit. “Nonce” is slang for “pedophile” in the UK.

10 Likes

Nonce (noun) paedophile
Nonce (verb) to act in the manner of a paedophile
Nonce (usage) “A fucking horrible nonce protected by the establishment.”

Oops, sorry, wrong picture…

9 Likes

And that’s just nonce sense

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to Devin’s inevitable

“It’s been one year since I (probably) accidentally asserted Mick Jagger is a pedophile”

8 Likes

Not On Normal Communal Excercise.
Acronymic
Convicted Paedo’s were segregated in prison excercise for their own safety.

1 Like

Nonce (cryptography): a number that, once used, must never be re-used or it will break the security guarantee of the cryptosystem. “Once and only once.”

Formed from “n-once”.

1 Like

I’m sure Little Richard thought the same about Mick.

5 Likes

TXjHo

2 Likes

But only one of them has had sex with David Bowie.

2 Likes

In other news, old man is annoyed younger man also likes lawns.

4 Likes

We all know that Mick Jagger was a total conformist when he started performing. He was a simple, clean cut guy. Right? … Right?

1 Like

Mick does have some wisdom to pass down.

3 Likes

UK idiom disaster corrected!

This was my failure more than Devin’s, as I am the resident Bri’isher and the editor of this post.

5 Likes

Thank you, Rob.

I apologize to everyone on the board. That was not my intent with this article to defame or insult anyway. I only aim to entertain and share funny perspectives. I never try to attack.

I was aiming for the word ponce, which I had only heard contextually from Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I flubbed it. Big time flub.

I used to mimic Spike a lot as a teenager and grafted some of his words into my lexicon without ever looking them up. That is on me. Upon further inspection, the word “ponce” is derogatory as well.

I apologize if I offended anyone or brought shame on the site or the boards. BoingBoing means a lot to me and preserving its integrity is paramount. I can’t apologize enough for using such a terrible word.

I’m a big fan of Mick Jagger and I think Harry Styles is cool too. I would never try and ascribe such an awful term as the omitted one to them.

6 Likes

Maybe he confused him with Bill Wyman?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.