Mickey Rooney is having a bad day shooting this promo spot for "Mickey" show (1964)

Originally published at: Mickey Rooney is having a bad day shooting this promo spot for "Mickey" show (1964) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

My favorite Mickey Rooney work:

7 Likes

mickey rooney applause GIF by The Academy Awards

4 Likes

Kasey Kasem death dedication rant.
“See, when you come out of those up-tempo goddamn numbers, man, it’s impossible to make those transitions, and then you gotta go into somebody dying ,” he said.

“You know, they do this to me all the time,” he continues. “I don’t know what the hell they do it for, but goddammit, if we can’t come out of a slow record, I don’t understand. Is Don on the phone? OK. I want a goddamn concerted effort to come out of a record that isn’t a fuckin’ up-tempo record every time I do a goddamn death dedication … I want somebody to use his fuckin’ brain to not come out of a goddamn record that is, uh, that’s up-tempo, and I gotta talk about a fuckin’ dog dying .”

9 Likes

That looks amazing!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Is that… a potato with two sides of potatoes?

Mark Watney had more variety to his diet than that.

10 Likes

No, it’s a potato with three sides of potatoes.

(It’s one of Chris Shapan’s parody ads, in case anyone is confused.)

10 Likes

So it is. Mistook the mashed ones for a dollop of sour cream. Makes more sense now that I know it’s satire.

3 Likes

It’s been too long since I had me a good potato shake!

3 Likes

He gets along with the crew, but the lazy and incompetent writer of the promo was lucky he wasn’t on set.

4 Likes

I’m so gonna cook that.
Keep an eye on the Happy Mutants’ Food thread over the weekend.

1 Like

The shake only makes sense to me on a Sunday with the free drumming!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.