Microwaveable meals for self-loathing, pathetic losers like you

I found this to be very offensive, sexist, and filled with more truth than a lifetime of therapy from Dr. Viscott. Also you should not call losers “losers” because they are people too.

PIIIIIIIIE!

hodor

2 Likes

4 Likes

I would laugh at this if it weren’t for the one kid who absolutely refuses to learn ANYTHING from me, including how to cook, and thus will be resorting to such dreck in the not-too-distant future. At least she knows how to read labels. The only mistake made in that erzatz-commercial was showing an ingredient list which was barely one line long. Yes, all the “ingredients” were non-food additives – nice touch – but the list needed to be at least 6 lines long to appear authentic.

In my junior high, girls had to take home ec: cooking and sewing. (Boys: shop and drafting. No, you couldn’t substitute.) Cooking involved such things as making a cake from a box mix. I’d go home and make beef bourguignon for the family. It’s not much better in schools these days, although at least now boys get the same non-education in homelife skills as girls. Seriously, we can laugh at Alice Waters, Michelle Obama, etc. all we want, but teaching kids how to function in a kitchen with basic ingredients is at least as important as the 3 R’s.

@stefanjones

You made dinner with an actual crust, which looks homemade to me. Hold your head up high!! Cooked pork+potatoes is never going to be colorful…that’s just how it goes.

I do quite a lot of cooking, much of it healthy. I’m actually a hell of a lot thinner now than when I took that picture . . .

I think everyone should be getting “home ec” courses. For about 2/3 of students knowing how to grocery shop and how to cook “from scratch” would be more valuable than calculus or chemistry.

2 Likes

NO MORE PIE. MUCH SAD. SUCH EMPTY.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Actually, chemistry and cooking have a lot in common and some of the lectures could be joined.

Ahhh, gone are the days when I would value my food purchase by the LB.

2KG of frozen sausage and 2 dozen eggs for under £2… that’s a months eatin’ right there… and fully a third of my budget.

Damn I was poor but I lost soo much weight.

This is what economical home cooking looks like:

Carrots, onions, potatoes are relatively inexpensive vegetables; stew meat from the “clearance bin” (freshness date is tomorrow). $.50 of beef stock; can of diced tomatoes.

Let cool a bit, divvy into 1 lb. cottage cheese containers and freeze to make your own frozen entrees.

4 Likes

8 Likes

The cake is alive!

1 Like

‘Meat Cake’

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

The back of the package says that it contains 34 g of protein. That’s pretty nutritious for a frozen meal!

Of course, it also says that of its 2,600 calories, 2,600 of them are from fat, so that can probably be disregarded.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.