Middle school teacher denies biting two students over jar of pickles, admits to licking their arms

As soon as I saw the headline, I knew. They didn’t even have to say “Florida.”

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on the jar…

3 Likes

tenor

9 Likes

I was trying to figure out what a jar of pickles would be doing in a school store and came across this

If this is the store, how sad that it’s necessary. The article says they also have food.

7 Likes

DeSantis gonna shut that down quick… makes it look like there’s a problem in his schools. when we all know they are perfect and binary.

3 Likes

Hang on a second… Setting aside the whole teacher licking or biting students issue for a moment: American public schools have shops in them? For students to buy things, like from a general store or something?? Huh. TIL.

For a couple of semesters, I did a dual enrolment class that was held at a HS… there was a snack bar that the students ran, so there’s that (giving students an opportunity to learn about running a business and fund raise)… and many schools host wrap around services, including either food banks or food shops for the community.

4 Likes

Is the phrase “attempted to grab” some sort of code for “tried to shoplift”?

I find this story confusing as to that aspect as it is rather serious that a teacher would steal from a school store right in front of students and then assault them.

There seems to be much more here than is being said. How did two students’ arms come to be close enough to her mouth to be licked. What the deuce was she doing? Sounds like real assault was involved if she grabbed them.

My junior high and high school had tiny student stores for basics you might need for class such as pencils, notebooks and related things sold essentially at cost. This was fifty plus years ago but no jars of pickles featured that I can recall.

And no student/teacher arm licking that I recall hearing of.

I posted a story above that might explain it for the school in question.

It seems there are poor children that need a non judgemental place to buy things so a teacher set up a store.

Our country sucks on a lot of issues that involve making sure kids have their basic needs met.

3 Likes

My school had a “Student store” staffed by volunteers, and I think the profits went to a charity, but they pretty much only sold school supplies (forget your #2 or scantron forms?) and super lame school “spirit” swag.

I think I had to buy a replacement pair of gym shorts once after an unfortunate PE accident left mine a bit more revealing than was acceptable.

4 Likes

i went to a high school dedicated to graphic arts and we had a small art supply store there for 2 reasons: first to raise money for student activities and second because a high school full of dumb ass kids were always forgetting to bring their supplies in from home. probably reverse the order of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.