Mike Pence attacks Chief Justice John Roberts as "disappointement to conservatives"

So he has some pretense of jurisprudence but is glad to use it as a fig leaf over blatantly political decisions when possible, is what you’re saying.

Except for the high taxation brackets for the rich.

4 Likes

That sounds like it should be the title of a 1960’s sci-fi book by Murray Leinster or someone.

3 Likes

Pence does not seem to realize that as the Chief Justice, Roberts can’t be fired, can’t be primaried, and pretty much can’t be bullied. He doesn’t need anything from the regressive Right, and attacking him like this seems like a very poor strategy if you are trying to make him more receptive to their arguments.

Of course Pence himself is an idiot, who only looks comparatively sane and capable because he’s standing next to the Orange Shitgibbon.

Maybe James Blish?

7 Likes

Pretty much. And if the GOP gets another judge on the court, Roerts will be voting with the apparatchiks a lot more — and goodby, rule of law.

That’s more on the money. I just plucked out a sci-fi name from my childhood memories of authors in my Dad’s sci-fi collection.

5 Likes

“How dare he vote according to constitutional law instead according to party guidelines!”

3 Likes

It’s amazing how authoritarian/fascist administrations reduce the number of people allowed into the immediate presence of their supreme leader, filtering out known and possible annoyances.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.