Mike Pence is gaslighting America

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/05/mike-pence-gas-lighting-americ.html

11 Likes

Squares nicely with Drumpf’s crop-dusting of America.

23 Likes

It got weird when he denied being Mike Pence.

46 Likes

November here we come!

19 Likes

I certainly feel like I’m being gaslighted when I hear that Pence “won” the debate. The strategy of denying reality didn’t work so well for his boss. I guess the only reason it worked for Pence is Pence was so low-key about it.

30 Likes

Didn’t you get the memo? We’re living in a post-truth era. Facts are whatever you want them to be.

32 Likes

Clinton’s already running a campaign ad built on the same concept. And they were pushing the “how can Pence defend Trump?” line for a while in the lead up. They’re doing a pretty decent job of using the debates to set the conversation in the aftermath.

9 Likes

Looks like Clintons people did one of these too.

28 Likes

Someone needs to sit the Trump Campaign down and break it to them that there are these magical machines that record what they say, and that it can be played back later. I’m sure they’ll be astounded.

30 Likes

“It’s not the dishonesty that bothers us as much as it is the lack of being cool about it.”

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure that if you played back the video for them, they’d deny the video existed, too.

15 Likes

Mike Pence is a flaming asshole. Not for anything in particular, its just a fact of his existence.

-His effort to bring back Jim Crow in Indiana as applicable to gays

• A woman is sitting in prison for having a miscarriage because of the abortion laws he signed in
    -“The War on Coal” he kept repeating, you know some of us like clean air, clean water, workplace safety, and equitable pay for hazardous work.
  • His brand of Christian Dominionist douche was unpopular enough for the GOP primary, we don’t need it sneaking its way into the White House by VP.

If the guy got killed by a speeding bus, I would send a case of beer to the driver. Yes I am a horrible person wishing something bad would happen to a public figure in a non-specific, legally OK because its not an actual threat sort of way.

26 Likes

The key is how low the bar was set for Pence: all he had to do was not specifically make things worse for the campaign. He mostly just denied horrible shit, rather than pile more on, which is a win.

Seems like “that Mexican thing” is blowing up though.

13 Likes

Why the press doesn’t print Trumps lies right next to Pence’s on the front page is beyond me.

16 Likes

Because it’s not actually as “liberal” as Fox and right wing radio would have you believe?

26 Likes

Hey, let’s leave Sayid out of this!

3 Likes

Funny thing about that War on Coal. The biggest thing driving the collapse in coal is that its no longer cost competitive. With oil and natural gas. Its a natural out growth of “drill baby drill” and the fracking boom. Its not really anything to do with regulation or restrictions on emissions. Even coal country is shutting down its coal power plants and switching to natural gas.

16 Likes

They should really start using static shock collars in debates.

Go over time? zzzzzzap!

Cut somebody off? zzzzzzzzap!!

Tell a falsehood? ZZZZZZZZAAP!!!

8 Likes

I also now know what “gaslighting” means.

satisfaction smirk

4 Likes

…in front of Trump

16 Likes