Mike Pence is gaslighting America

Exactly!

I think Trump and Pence represent an abnormal phase of American politics (as does Clinton, but in a different way). Knowledge (good knowledge, that is) is power; therefore, those who desire to get and keep power (politicians) must try to deprive others of knowledge. At the same time, unless they command a gestapo, they must communicate with their allies, enemies, and targets. Lying is one method of denying targets power; others are secrecy, deflection, filtering, obfuscation, propaganda, and so on. I think it would be rare to find a politician who didn’t lie as a standard professional service. I certainly don’t know of one. The oddness of the Trump campaign is that Trump didn’t hire a competent consigliere to advise him about how to lie, and lie properly. Hence my belief that the present campaign is abnormal. Or maybe the new normal.

You already knew what gaslighting means. We talked about it in a thread last month.

7 Likes

It is thrilling and weird to contemplate a nebbish like Mike Pence in control of all of America’s gas lights, and thereby reducing the nation to blubbering idiocy. Thank Dog many of us have gone over to electricity – let’s see Mr. Pence get control of that!

I talk about lots of things! I can’t be held responsible to remember them all. That’s my wife’s job.

WRONG!!!

Enough with the body-shaming, Boing Boing, mine is perfectly fine thank-you-very-much. Certainly not invalid!

5 Likes

Hey, my asshole is flaming too when I eat too much jalapeño! That doesn’t make it bad. #notallflamingassholes

2 Likes

NO!        

1 Like

I was told the moderator wouldn’t fact-check

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.