Mike Pompeo issues a clever tweet to show his solidarity with Nancy Pelosi

Exactly. What’s telling us that he was taking a jab at Trump? A MAGAist may have sent him that and he just moved it along with the same ill-intent.

1 Like

Please let me know when the “dignified fashion” begins to work. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I know Trump is a child.

But I didn’t know Pompeo was just as sniveling a child.

Then again, it (probably) wasnt Pompeo who posted it, but some meme-savvy millennial on his social media staff, which is also disturbing.

1 Like

It’s not pearl clutching, and it’s not defense of the orange Turdlet. It is about being able to claim the moral high ground, and not sinking to his level. This is like fighting with younger sibling. They can hit you all day long, but the second you toss one in, it’s all screaming for mom, and guess who loses out.

2 Likes

Tearing a sheet of paper does not cause one to fall from the moral high ground. You are exactly “Pearl clutching”.

7 Likes

Thoughts on Mike Pompeo:

If I did a shit as dumb as Pompeo, I would break it up with a coat hanger.

there is no parent. it’s just us. so who’s the so called moral ground for? for throwing under the bus people who aren’t actually doing any harm?

children in cages with no records of who their parents are, assaulting women, assassination of a foreign leader, bribery of foreign officials, diverting public money to his own bank accounts, encouraging white supremacists, daily lies; oh: but pelosi she ripped up a copy of a speech.

oy vey.

4 Likes

In order for the Dem’s to win the election, the pro-trump circle needs to get smaller. If the last election is any indicator, the past behavior of the candidates is not important, but creating a narrative that voters buy into is. I don’t think righteous indignation, no matter how justified, is an election winning narrative.

[quote=“gatto, post:27, topic:160562”]
"there is no parent. it’s just us. so who’s the so called moral ground for? "

You’ve answered your own question. It’s us. Unfortunately, the electorate is just as blind as the parent who only believes the younger sibling. Call me a ridiculous idealist, but I think leaders should lead by example. And… we shouldn’t be led to the bottom of the dung heap.

“children in cages with no records of who their parents are, assaulting women, assassination of a foreign leader, bribery of foreign officials, diverting public money to his own bank accounts, encouraging white supremacists, daily lies; oh: but pelosi she ripped up a copy of a speech.”

There was nothing at all saying that tearing up a speech was the equivalent of what you’ve noted. Don’t get me wrong, I am in no way saying that by acting like a petulant child, Pelosi is even beginning to approach the sheer craptitude of the current administration. What I’m saying is that by playing the “acting like a child” game with tRump, she’s guaranteed to lose, and look bad while doing it. Don’t start an “acting like a spoiled child” contest with tRump, it’s the one thing that he actually is the biggerest and besterest at.

And yeah, seeking the high ground is currently “not working”, but if we all agree to race to the bottom, guess where we’re going to find ourselves at the end of the race? There has to be a way to fight tRump that’s not on his terms.

Stephen Miller thinks the tweet was . . . pretty darn good.

excellent

Democrats don’t win elections by converting Republicans or the magical swing voters, Democrats win elections by convincing people who don’t necessarily vote that they’re actually worth a damn.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.