Mike Pompeo issues a clever tweet to show his solidarity with Nancy Pelosi

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/05/mike-pompeo-issues-a-clever-tw.html

11 Likes

And of course he totally failed to grasp who the villains were in that episode.

39 Likes

Why do I suspect that to most of Trump’s supporters, Lisa was just a snowflake and the “corruption” she objected to was The American Way?

27 Likes

They would treat Lisa Simpson about as well as Greta Thunberg.

40 Likes

I’m gonna take a wild guess the headline here is sarcastic.

12 Likes

They wear their incompetency (and adjacent/co-morbid condition of anti-intellectualism) like a badge of honor.

19 Likes

I kinda wish our current lineup of villains was smarter.

I feel cheated by Pompeo and his ilk.

7 Likes

Pelosi is not a senator.

19 Likes

I think he thinks he was making fun of her. But who knows…

6 Likes

Woah. I just realized that Greta Thunberg is Lisa Simpson. :exploding_head:

30 Likes

I don’t know. Is Pompeo that sophisticated and knows the Simpons?

4 Likes

I wonder if he can point to the episode on a map

19 Likes

They still seem capable of doing a bang up job getting away with all manner of villainy… who needs to be smart when you can do that.

10 Likes

This. For four years now, we have been tirelessly correcting and ridiculing Trump for saying something stupid at least once a day. What if all this time, we’ve been playing right into his hand. He’s a buffoon, no doubt about it. But he’s a buffoon who revels in playing an even bigger buffoon. It’s the core of his brand. His followers don’t want to be confronted with difficult problems from a harsh reality. They don’t want to feel challenged and small in the face of huge problems. They want somebody who tells them that everything is alright, and that they are the best, and that everything will be fine if we just continue like before, and that someone like him, who obviously does not spend any effort at thinking hard, or researching things, or even spelling correctly, is ex post facto an ideal role model, fit to lead a nation, by not even trying to look like he’s making an effort.

10 Likes

I know what you mean. At least would be less humiliating to live under the iron fist of a Lex Luthor administration than to wake up one day to find the government had been taken over by, say, Condiment King.

10 Likes

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion here, but I would have liked to see Pelosi handle the tRump child in a more dignified fashion. Acting like another petulant child and tearing up the speech plays right into the hands of his idiotic followers. Yeah, I get that il Douche “started it” by snubbing the handshake, and pretty much everything he’s ever done, but not handling it with grace just gives the other side ammo.

And if the counter argument is “we have to approach them on their level”… no. Then it’s just a race to the bottom. If we’re just going to have a giant-ass content to see who can work more to destroy the rule of law, and the general level of discourse, then we should probably just nuke ourselves into oblivion, and let whoever wants to clean up the mess step in and claim the glowing spoils.

9 Likes

Absolutely, it looked terrible. That clip is going to go into heavy rotation in pro Trump circles and is not going to help the Democrats cause at all.

5 Likes

how many times does it need to be said that people in the “pro trump” circle aren’t the ones that need to be considered?

it’s well past time to pretend 45’s behavior is normal, and well past time trying to treat him and his circle as if everything is fine.

let people react as they feel. let them express their frustration as they see fit. there’s certainly no magic pattern of behavior that if followed exactly as prescribed will end his presidency.

the best we can hope for are people who finally get it through their heads that their fellow americans consider him unacceptable as president - and they decide not to vote on the next election.

in the meantime, we certainly don’t need to rush to his defense because pelosi got dramatic and ripped up his pretty little speech.

there are more systemic issues worth clutching our pearls about

15 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole. Pomp(e)ous can’t even bully competently. This is his second recent failure at the one skill they value - he was also quite publicly dumb enough to play “find Ukraine on a map” with a subject matter expert.

2 Likes