Mike Pompeo: "There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration"

I was referencing that the lack of crowds due to Covid are a good thing because I don’t want crowds of any kind as a target for the people these fucks are seeking to rile up.

To be frank, any idiot who thinks that crowd size=mandate is a Trump cult member already, so there probably isn’t any point in worrying about that. Biden got something like 76m+ votes. That’s a hell of a mandate!

11 Likes

Some folks are bound and determined to lose even after they won. SMDH.

10 Likes

That’s what makes this so weird (or that he hasn’t already been canned). I don’t think he was speaking about a hypothetical Briden administration; he said nothing along the lines like what Pompeo said.

4 Likes

Yup, I agree with you here. We all need Trump gone, just some more urgently than others.

I really don’t want my kids to be fighting some war against fascist invaders from the South in a few years.

3 Likes

There could be all 77 million Biden voters in the crowd and it will be painted as no mandate (e.g. they would just claim they were bussed in by Soros or whatever). They are doing everything they can think of to neuter any power Biden might have already, current topic included.

2 Likes

I’m just weary of being gaslit. It’s really fuckin old now and I’m sick of it.

9 Likes

That’s clear to anyone who believes the vote is a vaguely accurate count. The longer Trump can keep the media narrative alive that a large portion of the votes were illegitimate and that valid Trump votes were tossed, the smaller that group becomes. Given that a lot of the Republican establishment is playing along, it is likely the right wing media will get in line soon and low turnout for the inauguration would be perfect grist for their mill.

1 Like

My reaction of Pompeo’s pronouncement went as follows:

There will be a smooth transition....

“Oh, wow!”

...to a second Trump administration.

“Oh, no.”

5 Likes

Oh, it’s another case of the “Ha, ha, it’s just a joke, libs, can’t you snowflakes take a joke?” when proposing something horrible. Problem is, with these fucks, it’s often a prelude to actually doing it. But hey, you know what else is funny? The idea of Mike Pompeo being beaten to death with dung-filled socks. Hilarious!

In a sense, we literally can’t. The Trump administration is preventing a transition. Biden may take power in January, but may be the first president to come in without having been allowed security briefings, without his team having been through the normal transition briefings, so they’ll all be flying blind. Biden won’t even be able to pick the appropriate people he needs for his team, as he won’t know what the pressing issues are. The Trump administration doesn’t care because they fundamentally don’t give a fuck about the country.

19 Likes

That bastard. Good riddance!

2 Likes

He is already ten steps ahead. He’s only been gone 4 years, so he knows. He has people already lined up. And he knows the issues. Especially coronavirus. I would not underestimate him.

29 Likes

This is Downfall / Hitler-in-the-Bunker time. These next few days will determine who Trump considers (dis)loyal for the next few years. Pompeo knows there’s no downside and unlimited upside to coddling Trump for just a few days/weeks more.

The facts on the ground (miserable failures of all the lawsuits) will dictate that Trump has lost, and he’ll leave, shortly before the Russians get there. But Pompeo will be long gone. He wants to be the Albert Speer, not the Eva Braun.

6 Likes

I just hope all this bullshit helps Dems win the two GA senate seats up for grabs right now.

19 Likes

Moreover, getting briefed by the outgoing (willingly or otherwise) administration would be about as helpful as getting tutoring from the class clown.

20 Likes

He’s trolling. And speaking to the Trump-supporters who they hope will continue to funnel money to ostensibly to fund their bogus lawsuits (which is really being used to pay off Trump’s campaign debt). Grifting, trolling, conniving, low-life, bastard mafiosi.

5 Likes

How about we don’t bet our democracy on that.

28 Likes

Right? We’ve been hearing this excuse for the behavior of Trump and his enablers for the past 5 or so years now. I’ve long since stopped assuming that these people are being anything but 100% serious.

24 Likes

It’s easy for some people to not take it seriously if their rights and lives are not directly on the line… Much like other things, it’s not an intellectual exercise, this is all really happening and is going to have real consequences, even when he’s out of office. We might have already fucked ourselves by spending the last 30 years not taking the right wing in America seriously.

25 Likes

Yeah, that’s true to some degree - he certainly has a head start over someone who wasn’t VP for 8 years. The lack of security briefings is a big one, though - that’s current, not-public-knowledge information. His previous experience and connections won’t help much.

The transition briefings are done by civil servants in various departments. Granted, Trump has tried to corrupt even those kinds of positions, but there are still some capable people there.

The thing about this administration is they use statements they pass off as “jokes” as trial balloons to test the waters and/or get people used to an idea - sometimes before then actually doing it. Even if stays a “joke” it does damage - moves the Overton window or just the acceptable tone of public discourse…

17 Likes

Valid point. As long as Biden is kept far away from President Plague.

9 Likes