Mike's mom, who wouldn't give him a Pepsi, finally tells her side of the story

Drugs, vitamin C, Calcium, you name it, the 80s were a wild time!

6 Likes

Then of course there’s the cover by Brak…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29-sFM4NMg

5 Likes

This still makes me laugh, so it’s meme time:

3 Likes

IT’S THE CHOICE OF A NEW GENERATION :crazy_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I saw the Hard Times headline earlier, and was hoping someone had run with it and done an interview for real. Disappointed. A Pepsi would cheer me up, I think.

4 Likes

You are Debi Newberry, and I claim my £5!

3 Likes

Close-ish, but Grosse Pointe never had a radio station, and my taste in music has always been, um, rather different.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/1862006-Chris-Tindle

My name is forever mis-spelled in the annals of Analogue Industrial Music, OFC.

I was a member of a group who was included on a 1986 punk/noise/industrial compilation of the Detroit area’s (including Windsor, Ontario, Canada across th’ Detroit River) weirdest groups. The credits incorrectly spelled not only my name, but both tracks our group recorded.

Our stuff, and the spoken word pieces The Cadaver and I did are the most accessible tracks on the comp, which is shocking to think, let alone type. One of our instruments was a truck door, FFS. It sounded like a bell when it was hit in the right place using a wrench. Playing it was wonderful.

If this works, it will be cued up to my first track:

but if not, I gotcher timings. Oh, and the description of each vid includes the track listing, but not timings.
Anterior:
Me - 9:16
Psychosis (A Single Cadaver vocal) - 19:30
Live for Limbo (my vocal + my friend Adam making cut ups of my poems) - 22:57
A Single Cadaver - 29:09

Ditto:

Posterior:
Me - 4:17
Cadaver - 12:25

No one in the audience could look me in the eye when we performed. They’d study their shoes, or even move further back.

9 Likes

Nice! In fact double nice!

4 Likes

very nice.

then there was the Cypress Hill shout out (cued):

3 Likes

Cranbrook? let’s see, I remember Cranbrook being north and GP being more east.
Country Day? not really sure where that was.

2 Likes

It was University-Liggett school. One year of jr high in my day there cost more than attending the U of Michigan full time for a year, hence my scholarships. @_@

2 Likes

To be fair, that wasn’t his mommy…

That album was a fixture during my teen years. Some great angsty and unashamedly trashy rock music.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.