Military bases to be renamed, after veto-proof U.S. Senate vote

Ft. Belvoir was named after a plantation and houses United States Army Intelligence and Security Command, so that’s a great candidate for renaming to Ft. Trump since they know a lot about things like person woman man camera TV there.

4 Likes

We’re a bunch of fools! Why not sell naming rights to the forts!?!

13 Likes

Fort Person Woman Man Camera?

Too inclusive?

8 Likes

I was going to say this is genius but I don’t think you can go around naming military stuff after women, or even the word “woman”.

(/s in case anyone is confused)

2 Likes

$740 billion… that’s a new record. A pity we can’t seem to notice Covid 19 as a threat to our national security, maybe we could have sent some of that love to the CDC instead.

7 Likes

Name one after an actual hero, General Smedley Butler, USMC.

5 Likes

Ft. Picard, Ft. Broccoli . . .

9 Likes

Maybe not? A veto-proof passage like this gives him cover on an issue where he has staked out a losing position.

7 Likes

The vote may be “veto-proof,” but it remains to be seen whether Trump’s lickspittles in Congress will actually override his veto when push comes to shove. I’m sure Trump and his minions will be leaning hard on Republican senators and members of Congress not to override the veto; I believe it will be the first veto override of his “presidency.”

On the other hand, if Trump is too politically toxic on this issue—which he may be, given that DOD is in favor of renaming the bases—the Republicans may decide it’s better to get the spending bill passed (so they can say they’re With the Troops) and calculate that their voters probably won’t care very much about renaming some bases.

4 Likes

The only thing Braxton Bragg ever did for the USA was help the Confederacy lose through his incompetence. So there’s precedent. /s

8 Likes

Patton was an insane maniac before WWII. The fact he may have been an effective commander doesn’t change the fact that he was an unhinged psychopath.

2 Likes

I only wish that any of them would EVER show ANY moral courage over anything, any time.

2 Likes

They need to become Fort Jemmy, Fort Gabriel, Fort Turner, etc. etc etc.

2 Likes

They will always promote propaganda-ready, anti-racist actions that have the least possible real, tangible benefit to individuals on the street, and create the least possible social change overall.

4 Likes

Fort Instagram, sponsored by Fritos; Fort My Pillow; Fort New Ford Bronco…

5 Likes

Fort Clinton, after revolutionary war Major General Clinton (of course)

6 Likes

So the world can now take note- The operator of the predator drone that carries out extra-judicial assassinations will now be sitting in a facility that isn’t named after a defender of slavery.

Of course, there was also an amendment to the bill that called to cut back on the money being shovelled into the war machine. Guess how that went:
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-calls-on-senate-to-reject-exploding-military-budget-invest-in-human-needs

9 Likes

Looking for suggestions?

Ft. Fort Fort … ?

Whee! I’m a fort! :smiley:

6 Likes

Forty McFort Face

17 Likes

fort at&t, comcast, murdoch…

1 Like