Trump's disgust for wounded vets: "Why do you bring people like that here?"

Originally published at: Trump's disgust for wounded vets: "Why do you bring people like that here?" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

But… but… he’s the most PRO-MILITARY president EVAH!!! /s

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

26 Likes

Don’t forget the related anecdote about a Mar-a-Lago fundraiser for the Marines where an elderly man got a head injury falling off the stage and Trump’s first and foremost concern was that the man was bleeding on his beautiful marble floor. (And this was TRUMP’s version of the story!)

21 Likes
26 Likes

I get the impression that Trump is squeamish. Hopefully he’ll get latrine duty, and the job of emptying the kitchen bins during his stay in the big house.

27 Likes

Alex Borstein Prime Video GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

20 Likes

Well, for the guy dodging the draft and comparing his STDs laden decadent lifestyle as his “personal Vietnam,” this fucker can have his member chopped off for pig feed a thousand times and it wouldn’t still be enough. Tr*mp, veterans, and patriotism should never be on the same sentence unless to express negative connotation. I don’t understand why veterans support this asshole.

24 Likes

If there’s a trump-imaged elitist way to avoid service; and veterans are being properly honored for their service then trump will blurt out something vile and derisive…

[quote from 2020 The Atlantic article]

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

(…and yet so many trump supporters are exactly those sort we’d presume would be utterly devoted to pride in military action and would expect everyone to be just as devoted …go’figure)

16 Likes

I sure hope there’s a urinal at his gravestone, because I’m stocking up.

Us Open Tennis Sport GIF by US Open

17 Likes

No need for a urinal, his headstone will be enough of a target.

13 Likes

At the rate it going, you will need a waste water treatment plant next to it.

15 Likes

As a CAC card carrying member of the military, I will follow my President’s orders. I will always respect the Office of the President. But this former POTUS is really bad news a not really a fan of the troops. He doesn’t understand our motivation. He doesn’t care about us personally. He loves to use us as a political talking point or photo op, but he has made clear on many occasions that he doesn’t understand what we do or why we do it (and why would he, when he did everything he could to avoid service).

22 Likes

We’ve heard this kind of stuff before.

And anyway Trump’s angry masses were perfectly happy to mace and pummel cops on Jan. 6th, so how is this supposed to have any weight?

At this point all we’re waiting for is for Trump to shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue.

Imagine if Trump had worn a tan suit. /s

16 Likes

Yep… I’m guessing he only sees the military as an extension of the power of the presidency (which, to his mind should be practically monarchical, Constitution be damned), rather than anything having to do with defense of the Constitution and the country itself. The man only cares about himself and his personal power, and that was how he viewed his relationship to the military while he was president.

21 Likes

There is still time to incorporate this “feature” into the headstone. I am sure that one of the plumbers he stiffed in his lifetime would be more than happy to donate time and materials to make this happen.

(Reddit) “At least that would be one streaming platform he won’t be kicked off of.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/NormMacdonald/comments/13ju3pj/norm_macdonald_memorial_urinal/

3 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

And even if he was… HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT BETTER SOMEHOW… FFS… It’s shitty whether he means it or it’s a fucking “joke”… which, it’s not. He doesn’t give two shits about vets or anyone who is disabled.

13 Likes

Totally on-brand for him. Let’s help the Republican party move on from this by overwhelmingly voting for their opponents in every election.

6 Likes

Yup.

13 Likes

Remember how he picked a fight with the family of a fallen US soldier back in 2016?

If the Republicans actually gave a shit about the soldiers and veterans and the families of the fallen, his campaign would have been over there and then.

20 Likes

I hear he likes brown mustard too…like those commies!!

2 Likes