Millions of American travel and gather for Thanksgiving, despite COVID warnings

In fairness, it may be the last time these folks will get to see their loved ones alive. They just want a chance to say goodbye in person.

/s

1 Like

I got a 20lb one, going to butcher it and make turkey jerky, turkey chili, turkey spiedies, turkey soup, and some ground turkey for whatever purpose I see fit. With the bones I will fashion arrowheads to survive in the post-apocalypse. Assuming they’re not too wobbly from having been cooked for soup.

9 Likes

turkey smoothie?

10 Likes

I had a dream/nightmare last night that all of our neighbors were hosting Thanksgiving gatherings. There were groups of people milling about and a couple of RVs parked on the street and I was so frustrated.

Other than the one neighbor who had visitors over the weekend, it’s been very quiet. I think all the airport footage on the news has been wreaking havoc on my subconscious.

15 Likes

I’ve been having COVID dreams, too!
At the start, it would be in a grocery store and I’d accidentally touch my face or something. More recently, it’ll be a small family gathering I was invited to and thought we’d be the only ones, then more and more people keep showing up.
I still have my normal fun flying dreams, too, lest my neurosis seem overblown, but these covid dreams are certainly a sign of the times.

13 Likes

Global health emergency, efforts to curb the spread and yet airlines are still moving people about.

Yeah, something isn’t right here.

5 Likes

The interviewees in the video seem to think that if you quarantine and get tested at some point, then you’re covered. Any precautions you take are undone when you step on a virus tube and share breath with 100 strangers.

8 Likes

Ah, that would be my next door neighbors! They’ve had numerous backyard parties for the kids, including a repeat appearance of a bouncy house, swarms of kids on the playset, and not a mask in sight. Their driveway has been packed with cars at least every other week since May. Since I’m reasonably sure the ten year olds aren’t driving, I’m guessing there must be at least one adult per car, which makes me think these just might qualify as spreader parties.

Needless to say, I don’t go anywhere near them.

13 Likes

…turkey etouffee, turkey gumbo, turkey-n-grits…

• BubbaGump Turkey Co, Inc.
10 Likes

I’m waiting for a variation on this old standby:

I have to go back to high school because I never completed some math course, so my high school diploma’s now invalidated, and without that, my college degree is invalid as well.

Also, my desk’s in the middle of the room, and I’m naked.

(Post-1995 variation) …and I’ve started smoking again.

(2020 variation) …and I forgot my mask.

9 Likes

My COVID dreams have replaced my equally distressing “showing up to work without pants on” dreams. Seems dream land is a zero sum environment.

8 Likes

i work in an extremely left leaning work place. so much so it’s almost tips over at times. and yet i still have multiple co-workers traveling. one is on a plane right now.

there seems to be no common denominator. at least one thinks that because theyre being “carefull” they can’t get it. another is fairly young, and for them i think they don’t really care if they get it - they’ll probably be fine anyway.

maybe a state of disbelief it’s really that big a deal, with a smattering of woo medicinal beliefs, and just… well… selfishness.

anyway the airlines are open for business. everything must be fine, right?

11 Likes

I’m thankful to be staying home during thanksgiving. For me it always more stress than it was worth.
I’m also thankful neither of my parents belong to the death cult or watch the death cults news outlet. So they are skipping any holiday activities they have been invited to.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe we can convince Hallmark to make that instead of the drivel they’ve been producing.

3 Likes

That would be an interesting pivot for the brand…

2 Likes

Oops. Too Late.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.