Milo vastly in debt

He may move back to the UK - they ave better social welfare benefits for the unemployed.

6 Likes

tumblr_pj4e39hWRN1qhthzmo1_540

36 Likes

The episode [Gamergate] also helped bring figures like Milo Yiannopoulos to prominence. At the time, he worked for a small tech website and was one of the first journalists to cover the story, eventually leading to his job as an editor at the right-wing outlet Breitbart . More than 12 percent of users note that Yiannopoulos was part of their alt-right transformation, and often list him in tandem with Gamergate (cited by 8.1 percent of posters).

9 Likes

You don’t look that fabulous for cheap.

1 Like

He is a 4chan troll who tried to turn pro and take his act on the road. Found some modest success among exactly the people you’d think would respond to that sort of thing, but later on his main shtick was crying censorship and playing victim when people didn’t want to indulge his bullshit. He learned that when you come out of the shadow of online anonymity, some forms of trolling still don’t play well. Those involving pedophilia for one relevant example…

Yiannopoulos is a human skin tag: useless, unsightly, annoying, possibly embarrassing, painful to get rid of, but ultimately pretty harmless if you just ignore him.

16 Likes

I bet Milo spends time in “JAPAN” regularly!

6 Likes

Also a family you don’t want to be in debt to. These are the kind of Duke brothers billionaires who’ll spend thousands of dollars and chase you to the ends of the Earth in order to retrieve a $1.00 loan (plus accrued interest, of course).

I’m so glad Milo decided to borrow money from them.

Also, for reference, recall this Twitter hissyfit (Twittyfit?) against his own supporters:

9 Likes

“Milo.”  

2 Likes

snl-stefon-laughs-again

7 Likes

I mean, a lot of what he says and does ages as well as a glass of milk left on the counter, but jeez…

13 Likes
2 Likes

I think it’s interesting (and scary or depressing however you look at it) that the “Privilege Fund” grant money isn’t mentioned. Around 100k was given to that jerk wad in good faith (yes, right wingers are still crappy but fraud is fraud imo) but not a single cent was given to anyone as part of their education. The vast silence on that matter from Milo and what little supporters he has left is interesting to say the least.

8 Likes

I feel soo sorry for that poor ghostwriter.
Hang on, no I don’t.

5 Likes

Here’s some background on the Mercers. Executive summary: They turn up under every slimy rock that we’re tripping over today. Trump, Cambridge Analytica, Bannon, Breitbart, and on and on. Together with the Kochs they seem to be trying to create a kind of new feudalism.

If M.Y. owes money to the Mercers, doesn’t that suggest that their “sponsorship” came in the form of a loan? But that’s not what the word “sponsorship” implies to me.

Americans … are easily fooled by superficial indicia of wealth, is all I have to say.

I’ve been a long time learning that this is indeed the case for me, for sure. I look at other people and I imagine how very flush and confident I’d have to feel before I’d be willing to spend a lot of money on their fancy suit or their fancy car. And it turns out sometimes those other people are just, shall we say, far more willing to live for the moment than I am.

4 Likes

When you take money from people like the Mercers, one way or another you’ve sold yourself to them. It’s all they know.

And, more precisely, far more willing to go into ruinous debt to put up a false front than you or I are.

5 Likes

As awful as the Kochs are, it seems to me that the Mercers are even worse ideologically.

4 Likes

I was as clueless as you are and I did some wiki-ing and I am even more baffled now.

Get some eggnog and some rum. Toss out the eggnog and drink the rum.

13 Likes

I can’t tell if the “I have no idea who Milo is” folks on this thread are perpetuating the joke, or somehow haven’t paid attention to the media for the last few years.

4 Likes

I think Rob has Mondays off, so I’ll be your photoshop wizard this AM.
Looks like 3 raw sucking wounds to me. Enjoy the sting of the Bactine.

13 Likes