Milo vastly in debt

Hundreds of threads? Really? Well, what can I say, I missed all of them.

Here’s my recipe for boozy eggnog… buy eggnog, add booze.

1 Like

Seeing Milo’s debt is a wonderful example of how tiny (and overly loud) his gang of followers, and the hateful far-right fringe really are. Milo was doing pretty well when he was Breitbart’s golden boy, but all of this debt comes from him forming his own Milo, Inc company with ambitions to become a lifestyle brand, household name, and perpetual talking head on TV. The fact that he’s crashing and burning instead shows how inflated his follower count got through the Breitbart magnifying glass.

7 Likes

Not a fan of store bought, the only kind i like is the Venezuelan variant as far as pre-made goes because its very well made. As far as i know you can’t buy it in the US (or is super hard to find), i haven’t tried making this particular variant at home either.

4 Likes

Milo famously hasn’t written much if any of the work attributed to him. As a “journalist” he employed groups of unpaid interns to do the work for him, and actually wrote very very little of what he published. The one “at least Hitler made the trains run on time” review you googled up is pretty heavily at odds with every other review I’ve ever seen (except the conservative media ones).

And there’s this.

The books original editor and publisher apparently considered it unpublishable. And dropped the book in the wake of his let’s molest kids scandal. He then self published a vastly different version of the book and sued Simon and Schuster, who revealed the shit show that is his genuine writing.

There is zero chance he didn’t hire a ghostwriter, and why the hell would he owe one money if he didn’t. I’m only surprised he didn’t put the interns on it.

6 Likes

Milo vastly in debt

Good.

11 Likes

So, I suppose the thing is that he couldn’t even be bothered to hire a good ghostwriter? That makes sense – I’d certainly believe he’s not an easy person to work for, and that talented people would likely seek employment elsewhere.

1 Like

Well even a good ghostwriter can’t make a good book out of trash material. The guy who ghostwrote art of the deal is apparently a pretty damn good writer. Art of the deal is garbage.

But I highly doubt there were too many well regarded writers who were willing to work with him at all. He probably hired someone who specializes in right wing material. The kind of person who ghostwrites “The guardian angels saved by dog” stuff and what have.

3 Likes

com-gif-to-mp4

13 Likes

Rum.
Everything else is optional.

4 Likes

Works for me.

2 Likes

This stuff is ubiquitous out here during winter months, for about $8 a bottle. By no means is it good eggnog and is full of lousy liquor but gosh, it’s cheap, and can be doctored up.

2 Likes

http://www.marzadro.it/eng/liquori/bellabomba.php

Next Saturday, I’ll be stocking up. At the source.

3 Likes

I was right with you till this line. Milo did not go away because he was ignored; he went down in flames, because he was confronted and exposed relentlessly by anti fascists.

Salon provides a good rundown:

17 Likes

I do already plan on enjoying some rum for the holidays. An uncle of mine gifted me a good bottle of some Dominican rum :slight_smile: but i do love a good eggnog as well. Plus i’d rather discuss that than Milo so…

4 Likes

I’ve yet to try this myself, but with a headline like that

2 Likes

Lol i do remember this, BB has posted about it before i think? Maybe a commenter if anything. Always makes me lol.

2 Likes

Apparently in Milo’s case that amounts to less than what such a person spends in a month.

9 Likes

Yeah, I was rather worried when I saw the kind of lavish lifestyle Milo was living, seemingly with enough of a fan base to support it. Part of the pleasure of seeing him in debt isn’t just schadenfreude, but relief at realizing he doesn’t have that kind of support.

12 Likes

Y’know, I could have sworn I had a fuck around here somewhere to contribute, but for the life of me, I don’t know where I put it.

Oh, well. I am sure it’ll turn up someday.

9 Likes