Minecraft movie teaser drops

Originally published at: Minecraft movie teaser drops - Boing Boing

1 Like

Well, that’s something. Also, is Jack Black obligated to be in every video game movie at this point?

5 Likes

I expected Jack Black to announce instead: “I… am Notch!!!”

That would’ve been pretty awesome.

3 Likes

I’m just glad Jason Momoa has something to do for the next 20 years that aren’t increasingly weird, horny Dune sequels.

8 Likes

I felt it too. There is so much power here left hinted at. I already want to do a remix trailer that’s about Notch being Tronned into his game with the suggestion of an extremely bleak ending that then has an even bleaker twist, like he’s actually just been alone in his mansion and this is his final dream at the threshold of death. You think it’s Jorge Borges’ Minecraft, el Último Laberinto, but, haha, it’s Ted Chiang’s minecraft.

5 Likes

I do find his inclusion in the movie not very exciting, though I could say the same for Momoa. I do like Jack Black, I’m a huge fan and I know he really likes videogames but wonder if this would’ve worked with someone else at the helm.

3 Likes

“It’s going to be a “real people transported to the Game World” dealie […]”

So, brick-y reboot of Tron?

5 Likes

5 Likes

I think the screenshot RPS chose for their coverage really summed up the situation pretty well: when you know that you cannot scream enough but need to try anyway.

6 Likes

Or every other Manga and Anime from the last 15 years? (Thanks, Sword Art Online….)

2 Likes

I was desperately trying to remember where I knew the actress from and finally got it - Waller’s daughter from the Peacemaker series. When’s season 2 coming for that?

1 Like

had to stop the moment I recognized magical mystery tour; no way Im gonna spoil my fond memories of one of my favourite albums with this garbage.

2 Likes

My first thought after watching it was “What. The. Actual. F*&K.”

Pro-tip: Not everyone wants the “sonic the hedgehog” realism levels of CGI.

I have a nasty feeling this will turn out about as well as the Borderlands movie did.

(My gripe with that movie was “WHY IN THE HOLY HELLS DID YOU NOT HIRE THE VOICE ACTOR FOR CLAPTRAP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” for the most part.)

1 Like

6 Likes

You’re not the only one.

Headline cut off in one box: “The first Minecraft movie trailer is here, and now I’m thinking the Borderlands film might not be the worst thing to happen to cinema in 2024”

1 Like

Honestly the movie should’ve been just all kids, or better yet fully animated.

3 Likes

That’s grim even by the contractually grim standards of golden throne related media.

1 Like

YOU. YOU GET IT.

2 Likes

I’m assuming these types of CG movies are more marketable. I really don’t enjoy the majority of them

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.