Minimalist playing cards

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/05/minimalist-playing-cards.html

3 Likes

I would love these so much if only the red were a little brighter. Maybe looking at the live instead of on a screen they’d look better. I might get the white ones, which I also like. But choosing white when black is an option is slightly heartbreaking.

4 Likes

“While it is necessary to mark the backs of regulation cards, we’ve done so with minimal diagonal lines instead of the typical ornamental graphics.”

Why is this necessary? I think those lines are way too baroque, myself.

Also, the black ones are perfect for the Bond villain in your life.

6 Likes

Mark won’t like these because they would be nearly impossible to make marked trick decks from.

1 Like

I really would like each suit to be a different terminal-bright color: RBG and white

6 Likes

Somebody’s making a list!

The black ones would look great played around of the back yard fire pit.

skulls-fire-pit

5 Likes

Yes, needs more no logo.

2 Likes

Minimalist card trick:

card
Pick a card, any card…

7 Likes

Very nice. I’m usually more of a baroque fellow than a minimalist one, but I like these, particularly the black ones.

1 Like

I reckon it’s just a little bit too difficult to distinguish diamonds from hearts during a fast game. Of course, for some, that might be a selling point.

3 Likes

The only thing not minimal about these cards is the price!

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks really hard to read these. Might be better in person, but I’m betting not.

1 Like

I got the blank of blank. What are the odds on that?

3 Likes

Great! now, place it back in the deck without showing me. (Shuffle, Shuffle.) Is this your card?

(Btw: odds 52:52.)

2 Likes

In Live and Let Die, Solitaire used these cards-

2 Likes

I get it. Having “LOO” printed on them over and over subliminally caused opponents to leave periodically, providing opportunities for cheating. Diabolical!

4 Likes

No, mine has my fingerprints on it. This one doesn’t.
(PVC is pretty good for retaining prints).

2 Likes

i would love the cards a bit more if the symbols were filled, instead of outlined. to my mind, a tiny bit more minimal, and also somewhat clearer.

1 Like

Surely the back could have been marked “.”?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.